Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • iPhone + Google Calendar + Contacts
  • geoffj

Anyone using this combo. Does the syncing work properly? Any issues?

cp

I use it, no problems at all.

[edit] sorry, I don’t use the contacts, just the calendar.

alfabus
    Free Member

I use all those.

I use activesync to do contacts and calendar, then imap for email.

Works brilliantly.

Dave

GrahamS

Same as cp here. just the calendar. Works well: wife adds something on her phone, I see it on mine straight away and vice versa.

woody74

I use all 3. Bit of a faff to setup at least the way I could get it to work. Works a treat now and makes sure my MAC, iPhone and iPad are all synced. Couldn’t get iCal to work so just use Google for the calendar when on the MAC.

If Mobile Me wasn’t a rip off it would make life a lot easier

s
    Free Member

works ok here too…

geoffj

Cheers folks – I’m a mac fanboi, but I’m sorting this out for a friend, and I can’t help thinking an Android phone would be better suited.
    Its the contacts which are going to cause the biggest headache I’m sure!

spacemonkey

Gcal for personal calendar, and Exchange for everything else – also use GCal Sync (desktop app) to sync appts from Outlook into GCal so I can see them if for some reason I only have access to GCal at that time.

No probs here.

alfabus
    Free Member

contacts are really easy.. get your friend to put all their contacts in to google, with all phone numbers, emails and addresses that they want; then set up activesync.

Full instructions here:
    http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/answer.py?answer=138740&topic=14252

Once it is all set up, any changes you make either on the phone or online will propogate pretty much instantly.

No hassle at all. Exactly the same process for calendar.

Dave

suthy
    Free Member

I sync my contacts through itunes – (G-Mail Contacts. I believe you have to buy “mobile me” for wireless syncing). I use Calengoo (app) for my calendar – much prefer the layout. It syncs with Google. Which in turn syncs with my Outlook on my work PC.

alfabus
    Free Member

syncing through itunes only does it when you plug in. set it up with google sync (using the instruction above) and it will do it live over the air – free.

Dave

Milkie
    Free Member

Google calender is the nuts! I have a few calenders, one is a MTB calender where all my MTB friends put the dates they are going riding, so everyone else knows where n when if they fancy going!

The syncing of the calender is done instantaneously across phones/web.

sharkbait
    Free Member

What alfabus said. Use google sync and it works perfectly every time (well constantly really) and it’s free. No messing with activsync at all.
    And as Milkie says….. calendar is the muts nuts.

AlexSimon

I sync email, contacts and calendar. It took a few minutes to a) be sure I was doing it right thing and b) going through the steps carefully. But it’s all cool.
    Google contacts can import a CSV file so I exported out of Thunderbird.
    Then added my phone contacts separately – Then I merged duplicates and it all worked.

matthewjb
    Free Member

I use the Google Calendar Sync to link my work Outlook calendar to my iPhone.

Can you do something similar with contacts?

I know I could export from Outlook as a CSV file but is there a way to have continuous syncing between Outlook and Google?

Last time I looked I thought you couldn’t.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘iPhone + Google Calendar + Contacts’ is closed to new replies.