Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • IPhone Facebook/messenger
  • onehundredthidiot

My father has been given my sisters old iPhone. Unfortunately he is getting messages meant for her from my ex. We can’t figure out how to stop this. Can’t even seen to be able to delete faceache/messenger.

I’m an android user and struggle to see how this is so difficult.

Help

Drac

Press and hold the Facebook icon, press the Ex and it’s gone. Repeat for messenger.

z1ppy

To delete the app, press & keep pressed until the icon start shaking, press the X in the top corner to delete.

Or to try to remove her account settings, find the setting icon, scroll down to facebook option & within that is a ‘delete account’ option, as there’s nothing similar for Messenger, I’d assume this covers both apps.

To be honest I’d just reset the phone in the first place (still an option)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    hardupdad

I’d do a factory reset then give it to him.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Delete app as above or just log out from the apps (edit yes as above doesn’t seem to be a logout for facebook messenger just switch account)

Do you mean facebook messanger or is it getting imessages too (internet versions of sms/texts) ?

jambalaya
    Free Member

I’d do a factory reset then give it to him.

The danger with this is if its a fairly old phone you can’t download some apps anymore (ie ooder versions of facebook app), if they are left alone they work if you delete them they are gone from app store. Had this problem with my iPad1

DickBarton

Delete the app and use the built-in browser to view the web version of it…saves a lot of resource and also stops Facebook skimming through your contacts…

skids
    Free Member

reset the phone so it’s like a new one

onehundredthidiot

Phones been rest to factory settings but they still appear. The icons are gone but when you go to system they appear there. When you press and hold them the only option is to start the app.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Log out of the accounts – also has he changed the SIM ie number? Registered it to him, new accounts for login etc. Your getting messages because it’s either going to the phone/number or there is an account logged in.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Reset to factory settings is not what you want to do, that just sets phone settings and does affect apps etc. The poster that said “factory reset” imo connect to iTunes and do a “setup as a new phone”

I don’t understand what you mean by “system” if apps are deleted they are deleted along with all their data.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘IPhone Facebook/messenger’ is closed to new replies.