Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Iphone covers
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Can you get a cover to fit on an iphone 3 that makes it look like a 4?

Kuco

Why? imo iphone 3 looks better than the square ip4.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I don’t see how, seeing as the 4 is slimmer.

Or do you mean transplant the entire guts of a 3 into an actual iPhone4 case?

z1ppy

Really no idea why you’d do that…
    I was convinced the pre-release iphone 4 ‘spy-shots’ were mock ups or cases purely designed to test the tech inside, as Apple wouldn’t release anything as ugly as that would they? 😳

fingers crossed they get back on track with the iphone 5….

z1ppy

don’t tell you you’ve become a fully paid up fanboi now you’ve an i’ve-been-had? 😉

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

z1ppy – have you held one though? They feel really nice, like a Zeiss camera or something like that.

z1ppy

I have, m8 has one and it does look nice in real life (fantastic screen), I just can’t believe apple made it though… as the 3G(S) ones are so much nicer IMHO.
    But I suppose they wanted to keep it as slim as possible, and big curves mean you can’t fit as much inside..

Kuco

I guess it’s the glass they’re made out of but it is heavy compared to my works Bumberry.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Each to their own. I must admit I didn’t like it when I saw the pictures but the real thing just felt good in my hands.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I mean a plastic cover that you put your 1-3 gen in that has squarer corners etc making it look like a 4.

Gotta be a market for it!

I’m designing a cover that makes my ivbinHad look like a 2nd gen.

loddrik
    Free Member

Seems like strange thing to want to do. I have an iPhone 4 and wished it was still shaped like a 3gs which is much much nicer to hold. I’ve tried to get a case which is shaped more like the old phone but can’t find one.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Baaah I was having a laugh, it’s the phone equivalent of:

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

loddrick – I have seen ‘pebble’ backs in stainless steel for the iPhone 4 to make them feel like the 3

CountZero

The shape of the 4 makes it much more stable and easy to hold, plus the flat, square edges make it perfect for using as a spirit level, for resting on a flat surface to take time lapse photos, or just to stabalise it for longer exposures. It’s also much stronger having a stainless steel frame, instead of plastic. I broke the plastic back on my 3Gs by dropping it onto the headphone jack. That’ll never happen with a 4. The only way the 4/5 could be really improved is for the frame to be cast from Liquid Metal™, and a carbonfiber back put on. There’s no way Apple will ever go back to the 3/3Gs form factor, they need all the space available to cram in a big battery, memory, CPU/Graphics, 8Mp camera, phone radio, Bluetooth, wifi…

loddrik
    Free Member

loddrick – I have seen ‘pebble’ backs in stainless steel for the iPhone 4 to make them feel like the 3

Please elaborate…?

Bregante

The shape of the 4 makes it much more stable and easy to hold

weren’t those Gen 3 versions an absolute nightmare 🙄

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Iphone covers’ is closed to new replies.