Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Iphone cases, indestructible ones
  • LoCo
    Free Member

Just had another replacement phone arrive, I’m after suggestions for Iphone 4 (retro 😉 ) cases, they need to be waterproof or at least resitant, impact resitant and not stupidally exspensive. Had an otter box before which lasted ok for a year before all the rubber cover went baggy and feel off.

Cheers 😀

wwaswas

Lifeproof.

Not *stupidly* expensive but reassuringly not cheap.

LoCo
    Free Member

They’re rather exspensive considering the excess on the phone insurnace is only £50 😉

Would n’t mind so much if had spent hundreds on a 5 but it’s just a boggo 4

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jam-bo

Lifeproof.

Just watch out for fakes, the cheap ones on amazon/eBay invariably are.

kcal

My last Otterbox (admittedly it came used with s/h phone) was a Defender and did all that rubber cover floppy bit.

Now got a Commuter, only about £13?, has the rubber internal and a polycarb outer shell, seems to work well, slimmer..

mattbee

Currently at 100m above sea level hanging on the outside of Spinnaker tower in Portsmouth taking 5 from window cleaning. Phone is in a Lifeproof case on a lanyard. Don’t think it would survive the drop from up here but it certainly takes all the knocks and scrapes plus getting rained on, dirty and dusty from work.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Which Lifeproof model are you using?

andyl
    Free Member

They’re rather exspensive considering the excess on the phone insurnace is only £50

but if you have 2 crashes that the phone and case survive you are then saving money.

mattbee

Think its Frei? The chunkier one. 4s. Lanyard through little hole by microphone at bottom.

Alex

I just bought a lifeproof nuud. Direct from lifeproof. It’s £70 which is a chunk of cash but a) my iPhone is my own 5s which isn’t insured for damage and b) I’m a klutz.

Within two days of fitting it, I knocked it off the tailgate of my car onto a tarmac road. Landed face down. Survived.

Quite like the case as well. Light, bit chunky and everything works fine. Only issue is to remember the longer headphone adaptor and most accessories won’t fit as the case adds a lot of depth.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

So you can make calls alright then Alex? I had one of those Nuuds and nobody could hear me on a call.

Am wondering whether it’s worth getting another one.

Alex

Yeah I read your post after I’d bought (but not received) mine so was a bit worried. But it’s fine. I’ve been on the phone today probably 2 hours and not had anyone say they can’t hear me. Although I’m sure some of them would like that feature 😉

So far, I’m really pleased with it.

tortoisenothair
    Free Member

Lifeproof all the way.
    As others say make sure its a proper one.
    Cost a bit but well worth it.
    My Iphone5 was lurched of the roof of my car at 20 mph and just got a gravel rash on the corner of the case & has survived many drops & scrapes since.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

not had anyone say they can’t hear me

Hmm, I might have to try again, I think.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Lifeproof again. Anything that can survive 9months out in the desert on drilling program’s gets the thumbs up from me. Even the Landcruisers wernt lasting that long…

andyrm
    Free Member

This one – £5.95, basically a copy of an Otterbox. Know a few of the lads have them and they seem pretty decent. And as you say, excess is only £50 so not worth overspending:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Military-Heavy-Duty-Tough-Rugged-Survivor-Builders-Shock-Proof-iPhone-4-4S-Case-/171180928074?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhonesCasesPouches&var=&hash=item27db2dac4a

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Had my Lifeproof Fre a week or so and whilst it is far from cheap (£50 from John Lewis) it allowed me to update Strava and check Facebook whislt in the shower, which is a good endorsement…I think 😳

More thoughts on this thread

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

otterbox defender if you want tough, otterbox armour if you want bomb proof.

LoCo
    Free Member

Cheers Andy that is the kind of thing ( and price!) I was looking for. Have also solved part of the problem with the purchase of Garmin on a bonkers deal this afternoon to record rides so no need of phone ( will use a pay as you go old handset for emergencies) cheers all 😀

Pieface

Just pondering whether to update or cancel my insurance and was thinking of a lifeproof, but what new leads / extenders will I have to get, one for the earphones (don’t use) and an adapter for the lightning port as well?

Suggsey
    Free Member

Funnily enough my lifeproof case arrived this morning for my inherited iphone4. Nicely made very well sealed appears that it will do what’s advertised IP68 rated. That’s better than the Sony Xperia Go that it’s replacing and protected against drops too which the Xperia wasn’t . Got it for £59 from Firebox in the UK genuine item too as I was aware of many fakes!

Suggsey
    Free Member

In addition the extender connector for the headphones was included along with a spare headphone port plug!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Iphone cases, indestructible ones’ is closed to new replies.