Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • iphone and importing photos to pc????
  • daftvader
    Free Member

evening… i am having a right arse trying to get my photos off my 6S onto my pc… i have followed all of the apple instructions, but my pc wont even see my phone… any suggestions???
    ta

skids
    Free Member

onedrive

zippykona

Even I can make One drive work and I am a total numpty.

jam-bo

Every pC I’ve ever tried any of my iPhones on, it just comes up as a device and they can be drag/dropped off.

My sister has a work one that won’t be recognised by any PC. Maybe a policy issue.

What happens if you plug it in with iTunes installed.

daftvader
    Free Member

i tunes is installed… i need to update my ios on my phone but that shouldn’t make any diference… surely???

jam-bo

Does it even come up in device manager?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Any iOS should work. Does iTunes see the phone when you plug it in ?

As above if you are really struggling just create a Google account and download google drive app then just export the photos to google drive via the photo app and share function – once installed google drive should be an option. This is more tedious than iTunes as you have to manually select the photos

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Just plug it in, then drag and drop.

Oh….hold on….

daftvader
    Free Member

jambo… nope, jambalaya yes it does…
    cfh… ta!!! 😀

mickmcd
    Free Member

Plug it in to the sub

In the side bar where it lists your drives it will say iPhone

Double click

Go to your phone screen there should be a dialogue asking to allow or trust device

Tell it yes

Then go back to the folder you double clicked on your PCs

In it will be a folder now called DCIM

Inside that folder are your photos you can drag and drop

daftvader
    Free Member

plug it into the sub!!!! Roll or boat?

GrahamS

Just plug it in, then drag and drop.
    Oh….hold on….

That’s exactly how I do it?

Just plug it in, Windows recognises it and presents folders with all the photos in them. It’s not terribly fast but it works fine and doesn’t require iTunes or any additional software.

Oh make sure the iphone is unlocked by the way. They don’t let you just grab photos off a locked phone for obvious reasons.

jam-bo

If it’s not even coming up in the device manager then none of the subsequent stuff will work. Any unrecognised devices?

Dodgy cable?

jambalaya
    Free Member

The OP says iTunes can see the phone so it would seem the communications/cable is working.

OP how about doing a video call with one of the other PC based STWers here ? Show them the screen. This shouldn’t be that hard to sort out.

daftvader
    Free Member

brand new cable. no other devices plugged in apart from the printer. if it connects to i tunes then surely it should connect to the computer… AGHHHHHH I HATE COMPUTERS!

jam-bo

If it connects to iTunes then iTunes should be able to sync the photos?

daftvader
    Free Member

jambalaya…. a what??? (ludite here im afraid)

tony07
    Free Member

I had this issue on an iPhone 5. Ended up having to delete all apple software and all related files. Reinstalled iTunes and got it to work. Disaster

daftvader
    Free Member

i will update everything over night and see what happens tomorrow. if it still doesn’t work then i will go see the apple people….

daftvader
    Free Member

FFS!!!!! just tried again and the bastard bloody worked…. i will Never understand these things….

jambalaya
    Free Member

A video call – ie FaceTime 🙂

Glad it’s working anyway !

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘iphone and importing photos to pc????’ is closed to new replies.