Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Iphone alarm Volume?
  • donks
    Free Member

I have done a google on this and the results are far from clear…my issue is thus:

I use the clock alarm in the mornings but dont need it vibrating and sounding like mad…TBH it drives the wife mad so I only need it to be very quiet as this is more than enough to wake me up. I have tried turning down the ringer but its still quite punchy at 6am. Is there option to turn down the alarm to a barely audible volume or am I being a luddite numpty?

iolo
    Free Member

If it bothers her tell her to go and sleep in the garage.
    Or tell her you stop working and stay in bed all day.

creamegg
    Free Member

there are two volumes to adjust on the iphone. The ‘ringer’ volume is different to the volume used by apps, and probably including the alarm

annebr
    Free Member

choose a different alarm noise? you can get some muted “purr purr” sounds.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Nope only way is to turn down the ringer. I have mine at 3 dashes. Then subsequently miss all phone calls till I look at my phone later that day 🙄

GrahamS

choose a different alarm noise?

I recommend this, starts nice and quiet then builds up if you don’t wake up:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYSkEz8yt0k[/video]

creamegg
    Free Member

well im sure mines different but my alarm is an app rather than the built in one. And change it to something less harsh than a siren type alarm.

donks
    Free Member

Nope only way is to turn down the ringer. I have mine at 3 dashes. Then subsequently miss all phone calls till I look at my phone later that day

This is what ive found but TBH the alarm is still too noisy. I want it just audible….the days of me sleeping through blaring alarms are long gone now and just need a tiny nudge in the mornings to wake up, and with little kids on a hair trigger in the other rooms it doesn’t take much to bring them running in to our room.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Plug the headphones in and put them under your pillow case. Done

Rubber_Buccaneer

Get some earplugs and stick them in her ears.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Hang on a moment, shouldn’t she be waking you with a tea rather than moaning about your alarm?

GrahamS

Set it to Vibrate and put it under your pillow?

johndoh
    Free Member

Is there a third party app you could use instead. There surely is?

EDIT: Like this – then you can set a different ringtone https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/alarm-clock-free/id332064280?mt=8

Or choose any of these http://www.heavy.com/tech/2013/08/top-best-alarm-clock-apps-for-iphone-2013/

plyphon
    Free Member

I’d recommend AGAINST putting under pillows.

I had a 4S that I did this once with, I woke up and it was red hot to the touch – and the phone had a temperature warning.

This also happened last week with my mate who sent me a message asking if this has ever happened to me… his phone is a iPhone 5. Said he woke up and it was too hot to touch with a temperature warning.

wwaswas

get an alarm clock that sounds how you want it to?

GrahamS

third party app you could use instead… then you can set a different ringtone

? You can set different ringtones in the built-in Alarm app too. Just hit “Pick a Song”

I woke up and it was red hot to the touch

Yeah it gets warm but I’ve never had a temperature warning. Mind you we have those foam posture pillows, might be different if you have feather.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Iphone alarm Volume?’ is closed to new replies.