Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • iphone – adding now playing to a playlist – is there an app for that?
  • oliverd1981
    Free Member

Good evening hive mind.

I can’t find a straight answer to this on google so I wondered if anyone had come up with a solution for this most fiendish first world problem. I don’t have regular acces to the mac and my preferred way of playlisting one previous devices has always been to listen on shuffle and flag tracks into playlists as I go along. I don’t know how apple are so behind on this. On a 3GS at the moment if that matters.

somafunk

I dunno of any apps that can do that but when i’m on shuffle and an unexpected tune pops up that i’ve forgot about (got 50gb music on my 5s) i tend to rate it using the star function ( i.e. 1 star to remember and remove coz it’s shit, 3 stars for Hmm? – needs a further listen to fully decide, 5 stars to move to a selected genre playlist.

I wish there was a playlist on the fly option, also wish itunes played flac as well as wav doesn’t hold enough metadata but that’s another gripe altogether.

CountZero

http://science.opposingviews.com/create-new-playlists-iphone-10505.html
    As far as iTunes playing FLAC files natively, it isn’t going to happen. I can’t find the article I was reading the other evening, but the gist of it was that because FLAC is open source, and basically freeware, if Apple, Google, or MS allowed their music players to run it, there’s far too big a chance that patent trolls will find code in there that they can then use to take them to court. There’s far too much patent trolling going on now, without adding yet more possibilities to the list. Apple already has AIFF, WAV and Lossless codecs, and FLAC is easily converted.
    If I come across the article, I’ll post it up, it was interesting reading.

somafunk

Cheers Count, yeah i’ve read about the open source problem previously but never in great detail, sometimes i get Flac files and it would be handy just to throw them on the iPhone but until then i’ll keep them in my flac folder and deal wi them as usual.

CountZero

Here you go, just found it!
    Kirkville | Why iTunes Doesn’t Support FLAC Files
    http://www.mcelhearn.com/why-itunes-doesnt-support-flac-files/

somafunk

That’s an interesting site, cheers count i’ve bookmarked it for further browsing

jambalaya
    Free Member

I don’t know how apple are so behind on this. On a 3GS at the moment if that matters

A touch ironic to complain of Apple behind so far behind when you’re using a phone from the Dark Ages :))

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I’m getting a 4s in May

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘iphone – adding now playing to a playlist – is there an app for that?’ is closed to new replies.