Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • iPhone 7 – worth upgrading from an iPhone 6?
  • RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

I’m being offered an upgrade. I can’t get excited about the iPhone 7 as it doesn’t seem much better than my current phone.

Keep current phone and save £17 a month
    Get new phone, sell old one for £215 to envirophone
    Get new phone and sell it on fleabay (and risk inevitable dodgy offers etc)

Thoughts?

Thanks and warmest (platonic) hugs xx

allthegear
    Free Member

Waterproof – might be handy?

Rachel

loddrik
    Free Member

I love my 7. Waterproofing was my main reason but the taptic engine in the 7 is way better than in the 6s and is my favourite feature. The phone is constantly sending me different pops and vibrations as I navigate around it. So much so that I just have my sounds off now as I like all the different little sensations I get whilst using it.

onandon
    Free Member

The 7 is a better phone but there is one HUGE disadvantage for me as a biker. I use a Topeak phone holder and the 7 doesn’t work though the clear plastic. As the home button is now virtual, it needs actual finger contact to activate.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I thought not and have kept my 6 and waiting for 7S/8 there is a rumour as this is the 10th anniversary of the iPhone they may do something special. Personally I would save the money (should be more than a reduction of £17 to go sim only ?). If you want to sell there was another stw-er looking for one for his son.

metcalt

I’m currently in the same position, I’d like the new shiny iPhone but I’m struggling to justify the cost of upgrading. The only thing that could tempt me would be the water resistance but an Ikea sandwich bag protects my 6 when I’m riding and the times I’ve had to use it in the rain (I often work outdoors) have never caused a problem in the last 2 years, that being said I’m probably going to end up dropping it in the sink now having just tempted fate.

My current thoughts are to go Sim only and stick with the 6 until it becomes unusable or Apple tempt me with an amazing iPhone 8 with wireless charging and the ability to make you a cup of tea.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Just gone from a 6 to a 7, waterproof is cool – but for me it’s more of a back-up than anything, their claims are too vague for me to be tempted to use it in a pool or anything.

Other than that… I struggle to think of anything that’s better, even ‘different’ is hard to come by, it’s faster supposedly but they’re both pretty instant, mine new one has got 128GB storage, but my last one had 64GB and I never filled it, not even half.

njee20
    Free Member

I did it, pleased I did. It’s not revolutionary, probably the least incremental improvement I’ve seen having had 3G-4-5-6-7, but it’s a good phone. The Haptic feedback thing is quite good.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I personally think the 6S is a worthwhile upgrade from a 6. There are some nice features introduced on the 6S, so on that basis the 7 would be a worthwhile upgrade, or just save a bit of cash and get a 6S.

hammyuk
    Free Member

I did it – although bought outright from Apple
    It’s a lot faster than the 6 – even at less than a year old. The processor is faster and the battery life far better because of it.
    Waterproofing works – although they won’t warranty on it which is typical.

Only bugbear for me is as above – the button needing physically touching so it won’t work in any of the bar bags. etc
    But then can get round it with Siri unless I’m on the GS.

somouk
    Free Member

I would. I upgraded from a 6S to the 7. The extra battery life, water resistance and new home button are a lot better.

The lack of 3.5mm jack is a bit annoying but meant I got some bluetooth headphones for xmas.

iamtheresurrection

I’ve got a 6 for personal use and a 7+ for work. Almost very little difference for me, the haptic feedback and 3D Touch do nothing for me. It’s faster, but never thought the 6 was slow.

However, the camera on the 7+ really is very good.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Waterproof is useful but the battery life is the main advantage. I had a 9 month old 6S and it would be flat by lunchtime whereas the 7 lasts all day usually.

wallop

When are they likely to bring out a 7s?

thatscold
    Free Member

I’m lucky enough to get an upgrade through work every couple of years which coincides with the main new iPhone launch. I would say that the change from 6 to 7 is the most underwhelming to date. Incremental improvements, but there was nothing fundamentally wrong with the 6.

I wouldn’t rush to upgrade.

I know a lot of people that don’t like the new home button.

CountZero

My 6+ is now two years old, I’ve gone SIM-only now the phone is paid off, and I’m waiting on the new one in October, whatever they call the thing.
    I couldn’t see any advantages to be had getting a 7+ with just a year until what looks like a significant upgrade.
    The lack of a headphone socket doesn’t bother me, I’m using a pair of Mee Pinnacle P1’s with a Lightning-3.5mm adaptor, works just fine.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘iPhone 7 – worth upgrading from an iPhone 6?’ is closed to new replies.