Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • iPhone 6 release date?
  • muddy247
    Free Member

Anyone know when it’s due to be sold?

geordiemick00
    Free Member

will anyone know until the day before?? Will it not be a 5s?

legend
    Free Member

rumour is September, but you’ve still got the 5S to come of course

whattyre
    Free Member

5s is coming June….

footflaps

I’m skeptical as to how different it will actually be as the rate of change of phones has really slowed down in the last few years, just slightly bigger screens and a couple of extra MP for the camera every year or so…

maccruiskeen

I’m going to wait until the iPhone 10 comes out then get the box set

nealglover
    Free Member

Nobody really knows.

Same as every other time.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Damn it pic not working..

thehillsofsomerset
    Free Member
    CountZero

If Apple follow their normal upgrade process, the iP6 will be along next September/October, the 5s, who can say, those who like to think they know are saying June, but that’s pure conjecture, and it’ll be an upgrade to the current version, not a complete re-design; I can’t see any substantial changes to the case design yet.
    Probably a processor upgrade, maybe more memory, better storage capacity…
    We’ll just have to wait until Apple unveil it to find out.

godzilla
    Free Member

Just text Neil OP, thats what i do when i want to know Apple stuff.
    You working in PB?

muddy247
    Free Member

Godzilla, should have thought of Neil! Yeh we were at the old schoolhouse

chojin
    Free Member

Does anyone really care anymore?
    Apple have well and truly lost their design edge. I shall be sticking with the 4S until it goes up in smoke.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

If Apple follow their normal upgrade process, the iP6 will be along next September/October 2014 the 5s, who can say September this year

FIFY 🙂

deviant
    Free Member

Tech websites are suggesting 5S in the next few months with the 6 coming at the end of the year.

Incremental changes expected, a few tweaks to iOS, some new software features, perhaps tweaks to the camera but no change to the design though.

The tech in phones has peaked for the time being in my opinion. No one company can truly claim to have the best features, they all do the same thing with varying degrees of success.

Pick the one you like the look of or can get the best deal on and buy that.
    The 4S, 5, HTC One series, Galaxy range from S2 onwards etc etc are all great phones.

What would really make me sit up and take notice would be better battery life. With the typical battery in a phone today only good for 300-500 charges and most people on two year contracts and charging their phones every night (700+ charges) its pretty easy to see why battery performance tails off during the life of a phone.
    If they could get batteries lasting twice as long then you’d only need to charge every other day and be well within the 300-500 charges during your two year tenure with a device.

I cant help but think Apple missed a trick with the 5….the 4 and 4S were beautiful designs, no reason to go slimmer in my opinion. They could have enlarged the screen to 4 inches and kept the thickness of the device the same but slipped a much larger battery in there.

footflaps

Apple have well and truly lost their design edge.

I don’t know, I think the design of the case on the 5 is very nice, just that phone wise it’s not much different, but then neither is anything from anyone else, just slightly bigger screens on Samsungs etc.

There hasn’t been a big jump in phones for a few years now, just variations on the iPhone theme from different manufacturers.

aracer
    Free Member

Don’t be silly, PP. They have to do regular new releases in order to sell new models to those who can’t bear to have something that’s out of date.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I cant help but think Apple missed a trick with the 5….the 4 and 4S were beautiful designs, no reason to go slimmer in my opinion. They could have enlarged the screen to 4 inches and kept the thickness of the device the same but slipped a much larger battery in there.

Agreed.

white101

+1 deviants comments

spacemonkey

My (2.5yr old) 4 is starting to slow down these days but there’s still nothing out there that tempts me away from the Apple-opoly. Even the new interface on the forthcoming Galaxy S4 looks totally unappealing. In fact, none of the Android phones do it for me. And as much as Windows has improved, the app store is still pants compared with Apple’s.

I just wish Apple would improve texting + camera + social integration and then I’ll think seriously about a 5S or 6.

muddy247
    Free Member

Myself and Mrs Mudd are due an upgrade next month- we both have the iPhone 4- should we go for the 4s or the 5?

nealglover
    Free Member

Does anyone really care anymore?[/b]
    Apple have well and truly lost their design edge. I shall be sticking with the 4S until it goes up in smoke.

I’m sure you’re right 🙂

Nobody will buy it when it’s released 😆

spacemonkey

The 5 is an improvement over the 4S and will likely reflect that in the tariff etc. That’s just for starters.

unovolo
    Free Member

Couldn’t give a monkeys testicle,they dont really appear to have moved the design on much since the 4.

With some of the new tech coming out they are going to have to make a big leap in either design or OS to attract buyers from other phones/OS.

beckykirk43
    Free Member

6 at the end of the year? Sounds good…

My contract runs out September…I like my 4S, don’t want a 5 cos they’re too big…suppose the 6 will be too though…

I_Ache
    Free Member

The 5 is absolutely lovely to hold, such a nice piece of metal. Makes my HTC sensation feel like a kids toy. The hardware quality of the iPhone isn’t enough to draw me away from android and its benefits. I really want a ‘droid phone that is designed and built as well as an iPhone and also has a shed load of RAM. Maybe the nexus 4 is the one for me.

deviant
    Free Member

I really want a ‘droid phone that is designed and built as well as an iPhone and also has a shed load of RAM. Maybe the nexus 4 is the one for me.

HTC One-S, as slim as the new iPhone 5 at 7mm but with a slightly larger 4.3 inch screen, also aluminium unibody construction….i had one, highly recommended, a premium feel. The better half has it now and its just had the Jelly Bean update OTA, even better now than when i had it!

The new HTC-One is also supposed to be very nice with an aluminium build and as you said the Nexus-4 is glass and beautiful….Samsung could do with a premium build phone in their range although what they’re doing seems quite successful!

loddrik
    Free Member

The 5 is absolutely lovely to hold

I’d say that’s the worst thing about it. I’d love to have the case shape of my old 3GS. Or at least a case that gives me that shape, it was such a nice thing to hold.

CountZero

I’d say that’s the worst thing about it. I’d love to have the case shape of my old 3GS. Or at least a case that gives me that shape, it was such a nice thing to hold.

While that’s certainly true, there will never be a return to that style of case, it’s just too wasteful of internal space.
    When you see just how crammed in everything is on an iP5, the case has to be as close to perfectly rectangular as possible, to make everything fit in, the interior is nearly all battery as it is.
    I do agree, though, that a slightly extended iP4/4s design would have been better, the extra depth would have enabled a slightly bigger battery, and the stainless frame is just tougher.
    My old iP4 is now doing service as an iPod Touch, with just mapping and ebook apps, and my iP5 is sealed in a totally enclosed waterproof case, which proved its worth in Bath today, when I had to make a call walking across Victoria Park in pouring rain; the phone got soaked while I found and dialled the number, or would have done, without the case, so it’s appearance is irrelevant.
    Oh, and ta for the fixing of my original post, I was a bit frazzled, and was getting my timescales all out of wack. 😀

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘iPhone 6 release date?’ is closed to new replies.