Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • iPhone 6 Plus Users – How Good Is It?
  • MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’ve been played no with my mates 6 plus today again and I am 100% selling my 6 now.

If anyone’s after one a 128gb silver model will be on the classifieds this week.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

I’m missing the application window thingy you got with Android to switch between open apps. Am I missing something, or is it a “feature”?

mogrim

it’s getting so that it’s difficult to imagine how a hand-held device could be improved.

Waterproof down to 40m with a dedicated shutter button would be an obvious improvement. So I could go diving with one. (My Xperia’s ok in a swimming pool, which is nice, but it’s an older model without the shutter button so you can only really use video underwater…)

I’m missing the application window thingy you got with Android to switch between open apps. Am I missing something, or is it a “feature”?

Isn’t that holding down the home button?

jam-bo

double press.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Amazing! Thanks jam bo.

Bimbler
    Free Member
    CountZero

Daily Mail reader are you, Bimbler? That fits in well with their regular scare features on using wifi, sleeping with a phone charging by the bed, having any electric device like alarm clocks in the bedroom, and a whole host of other items of dubious provenance.

CountZero

One thing I tried out on Sunday was the slo-mo video function. Shot fifteen seconds of water rushing over a small sluice, then played with the sliders to have a slow motion section in the middle, and it worked beautifully, really smooth transition and very impressive slo-mo. Not got a YouTube account to upload to, I might see if I can sort a link to Fb.
    https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153006209644605&l=7595362490009919260

Yeah, that works.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Daily Mail reader are you, Bimbler? That fits in well with their regular scare features on using wifi, sleeping with a phone charging by the bed, having any electric device like alarm clocks in the bedroom, and a whole host of other items of dubious provenance.

Oddly personal diatribe there. Just thought it worthwhile pointing out that the iPhone 6 plus produces 500% more radiation to the head than the Note 4 and in “simultaneous transmission” produces 1.59w/kg, the (US?) legal limit is 1.6w/kg

jam-bo

shame that article is from a manufacturer of radiation shield cases….

and if its under the legal limit, whats the problem? one would assume the legal limit is well inside the safe limit?

traildog
    Free Member

Calm down, he’s only pointing out an article. Ignore as you see fit.

Calling him a Daily Mail reader because he links in with that article which he feels is relevant (but which dares to say words against the holy Steve Jobs) seems to be a bit strong.

iolo
    Free Member

Oddly personal diatribe there. Just thought it worthwhile pointing out that the iPhone 6 plus produces 500% more radiation to the head than the Note 4 and in “simultaneous transmission” produces 1.59w/kg, the (US?) legal limit is 1.6w/kg

So in the US it’s legal? What’s your point caller?
    Is it illegal in any way shape or form in any country.
    The Range Rover V8 produces more gassed than a Prius but both get you from a to b.
    It’s great putting lots of numbers that any normal person understands to try and scare with facts. Unfortunately in your case all your facts are within legal limits.

annebr
    Free Member

Something I discovered recently on my iPhone6+ is that the volume buttons are the shutter release in camera mode. So you don’t need to poke the screen button to take a pic.

This is probably a feature that has been on all iPhones for ages. But I was pleased to discover it.

njee20
    Free Member

Yep, since ios6 I think! Agree it’s good.

Don’t get all the comments about needing a case, I don’t find my 6 slippery in the least, certainly not dropped it.

deviant
    Free Member

Volume button as shutter present on 5S too.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@annebr, I didn’t know that ! Just tried it at work of course 😳

@njee, I found my 6 too thin without a case. I never used a case with my 4 and 4S

jam-bo

I had a lifeproof on my 5. Havent bothered with the 6 but have the apple leather case and it’s really quite nice.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Not made a call on mine yet, people use their phones to speak to people?? Weird…

I wish you could change the function on the little volume buttons while playing music, never adjust my volume but it’d be ace to be able to skip tracks using them.

jam-bo

double click on the headphones volume + button skips tracks.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Just on headphones? Don’t use iPhone ones 🙁

somouk
    Free Member

If you push and hold the volume button to take pics you also get burst mode, been around some time now. The burst speed varies dependent on model of phone.

pirahna
    Free Member

If you’re going from Android to Apple it’s very easy. Your contacts will sync straight away, download the apps for Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs etc and you’ll be up and running in no time.

The advice I’d give if you get an iPhone is to use all the Google stuff for contacts etc rather than the Apple stuff. This makes it very easy to swap back to Android next time you need a phone, or just as easy if you swap iPhones.

There are a couple of things that Apple do well if you have other Apple devices, the ability to send texts from you Mac for example. There are a few minus points as well, apps that are free on Android often need to be purchased for example.

Having had both iPhones and Androids and being the owner of a Macbook and iPad, I prefer to use an Android phone, mainly because I can’t tinker around with a iPhone.

The thing that really, really annoys me with IOS is the app icons can’t be positioned in the same way as Android. Nexus for me every time.

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘iPhone 6 Plus Users – How Good Is It?’ is closed to new replies.