Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • iPhone 6 case – recommendations please
  • matty456
    Free Member

Upgrading from an iphone 4 to a 6 and looking to get a rugged case. I’ve got a griffin survivor for my iPad mini that I find good, use it outside a bit, bike, car tinkering etc. Thinking of one for the 6, any others to consider? Btw it won’t be on the bike bars! Sorry don’t know why it came out in small font!

hammyuk
    Free Member

Lifeproof – The Nüüd.
    Works better and is so much slimmer than anything else I’ve used.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’ve got this. Very little bulk. And so far has saved the phone on a drop on to slate and tiled floors.

http://www.knomobags.com/uk/iphone-6-leather-snap-on-case-airforceblue.html

£20 which is cheap compared to most but certainly doesn’t feel cheap

Might not be quite as rugged as you want though…

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Just got the iPhone 5 version of this i-blason armorbox case:

Was going to get the Griffin but tried a mate’s and my pockets hated it, way too grippy and massive. Find this one way less bulky, still grippy where it counts (bevel) and the screen-layer seems better quality than the Griffin. All-in-all pleased except uncertain how long the port flaps will last with repeat bending. No clever hinges here. 15 quid not complaining, it’s a nice job.

CountZero

I would avoid Otterbox; I got one for my 6+, and it’s not all that. It gives a pretty good level of bounce protection, but the built-in screen protector is, quite frankly, crap. I ripped mine out, and replaced it with a cheap tempered glass one.
    Vast improvement, more slippery than a slippy thing from planet slippy.
    The case is also pretty bulky, and with hindsight, it being 20:20 vision’n’all, I’d have got something else, but having got it, and then cut a hole in the back for my dash mount, sending it back was no longer an option. 😀

tyrionl1
    Free Member

I got one of those monster waterproof ones, a bit heavy but it does cut down on the number of calls you receive.

burko73

i got the lifeproof fre for mine. waterproof dustproof shockproof etc with the built in screen cover for more protection than the nuud. its pretty low profile, well made and goes in my pocket easily.

used to have an otterbox for my iphone 4 bu couldnt pocket it as too bulky and grippy so used to end up de-casing sometimes and then whoops. dropped and broken screen.

ive not taken the lifeproof one off my iphone 6 since i got it, its really good.

burko73

oh, also the fingerprint sensor still works on the lifeproof fre although there is protection over it. And the charger flap is hinged…

convert

What’s your upgrade costing you OP? Thinking of doing the same – my 64gb 4s (that lives in a lifeproof- on 3rd one for the same phone as the others wore out but would buy another in an instant for a new phone) is getting a bit slow but I’m loathed to change it given it still works.

matty456
    Free Member

Thanks all. Lots to choose from. Lifeproof cases look good, not seen them before.
    Reply to Convert, got my 6 from Giffgaff, £21 over 24 months and tarrif on top which is only £10 for me. The 4 I’ve got still works perfectly apart from the lock button, oh yes and a few apps getting slower now.

craigxxl
    Free Member

I’ve previously used the Otterbox Defenders on my phones and found them too bulky as well as looking grubby in no time. This time on the iPhone 6 I’ve gone for Apples own covers both the leather and silicone ones. It spends most of it’s time in the silicone cover, been dropped waist height a few times and survived. It has also been used with greasy hands and more recently covered in tile adhesive yet nothing seems to stick to the cover as it still looks like new.

simon_g

Incipio NGP here, as per http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-iphone-6-case/

The LifeProof cases come up cheaper sometimes on Amazon, I have one for times when it might be getting wet or sit in a damp bag for a while, but they’re too bulky and annoying (poor port access, etc) for me to live with one day to day.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘iPhone 6 case – recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.