Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Iphone 5s storage problem.
  • sig123
    Free Member

Daughters phone is saying 123.8mb is left of 5gb, she’s tried deleting some photos 500 of 3000 but is still not letting her use some apps, she’s driving me crazy is there anything else we can do ?

acidtest
    Free Member

I’ve not got an iphone but I think you have to delete/empty them out of the ‘bin’ after deleting them.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Try downloading an app called battery doctor. This one Link

If that link doesn’t work it should be the first result in the App Store if you search “battery doctor”. It has a junk clean up option. Works well on my iPad.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Three_Fish
    Free Member

5GB is her iCloud limit, not the phone. She’s saving photos to the iCloud not the phone. Change that in Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage.

Try downloading an app called battery doctor. This one [url=Battery Doctor – Master of Battery Maintenance by Beijing Kingsoft Internet Security software Co.Ltd https://appsto.re/gb/VioOA.iLink/url

I don’t think this has anything to do with the OP’s issue.

GrahamS

If it is onboard storage you are talking about then go to Settings->General->Storage and iCloud->Manage Storage

It will give you a breakdown of what storage each app is using and you can delete any useless ones.

(In my experience it can get a bit crashy if there is less than 1GB free and gets progressively worse as you run out)

If it is just iCloud usage then the same bit will let you examine that but it is probably all photos and videos.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Go to itunes on the phone, type in lord of the rings, and hit rent. It wont charge you but it will clear a load of cache files to try and make it fit. Repeat until you see no improvements in settings, about, free space.

eddie11
    Free Member

Has she just downloaded the iOS update but not installed it? Could be clogging it up?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Iphone 5s storage problem.’ is closed to new replies.