• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by luket.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Iphone 5 SE life proof case – how long should it last?
  • stevemorg2

My first Lifeproof case started deteriorating after @16 months use – the rubber started to come away from the case rendering it useless – Life proof replaced it FOC but, just over a year later the same thing is happening and Lifeproof are not willing to do anything.

Am i being unreasonable to expect the cases to last longer than they have – I know life proof have replaced a case once but shouldn’t I expect a replacement to last?

simondbarnes

They come with a 1 year warranty so Life Proof have already gone beyond these terms with the 1st replacement. As for how long you’d expect them to reasonably ask, I have no idea.

Sandwich

Might be worth a punt under whatever replaced SOGA as it’s a manufacturing fault and under certain circumstances these are covered for 6 years from date of purchase. Off to the small claims court for satisfaction (and a withdrawal from the market by LifeProof).

cnud
    Free Member

You’ve done well, I’ve used nuud since the iPhone 4 version and mine only ever last 10-12 months max. Normally swap my phone then anyway so not an issue. Thankfully the iphone 7 is a bit more water resistant so I only need a bumper now.

sweepy
    Free Member

The Mrs uses them, they last about 18 months each.
    Are they waterproof? we’ll never know cos despite spending all that money on them she refuses to put them in water.

Superficial
    Free Member

My speck case for the iPhone 5s has lasted 4 years. I’m surprised to learn that isn’t standard.

mattbee

I binned one at 3 years that had done a 5 then SE, was still structurally solid but rubber bits were falling off. Current one only 6 months old but looks like new.
    I give it a hard life too, is used on construction sites, geo jobs etc…

zilog6128

I’ve had a couple, got about 2 years use out of them (current one is on its last legs). Pretty fair IMO considering it’s in & out of my pocket all day every day & gets a lot of abuse!

nealglover
    Free Member

You are over two and a half years into a one year warranty.
    I’m not that shocked they won’t replace it for you really.

grtdkad

I’m on to my second (as a warrant replacement). My corner rubbers start deteriorating after 7/8mths from pocket friction.
    The first one also suffered from a poor connection. On headphone socket after 11mths which led to the warranty exchange.
    So, I’m about 20mths in to ownership…knowing that my 6S is immaculate under my Fisher Price looking gizmo.
    Reasonably happy overall.

CountZero

I had an Otterbox on my iP6+ from new, the screen protector was crap so I ripped it out and put a plastic one then a glass one on the phone, then binned the Otterbox a couple of months or so ago, I got fed up with the bulk and put on a cheap gel case.

luket

I’ve had 2 of these with the same experience as others above. Replaced after less than 2 years each and by then it’s looking pretty bad but structurally just about holding out although I wouldn’t dunk an old one. I guess I’m a fairly average user. Current Ottervox isn’t water resistant but the rubber is not deteriorating in the same way. The phone beneath is almost immaculate on the outside.

I thought their life was a bit disappointing but not enough to complain. Plus they’re a less chunky design than others and so I felt I’d just sacrificed longevity for a form I prefer.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Iphone 5 SE life proof case – how long should it last?’ is closed to new replies.