Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • iPhone 5 – In-car USB audio cable?
  • Daniel
    Free Member

Hi, Just bought a new (to me) car which has an jack plug and a USB plug built in. The stereo is configured to work with the USB so I can control the iphone using the stereo controls on the car (but not iphone 5). Can I get a lead or something that will let me use my iPhone 5 this way rather than just through the jack plug?

Thanks

wrightyson
    Free Member

The USB is usually just for a stick to then play music directly from that. Your existing lightening charger lead has standard USB at the charger end so why not try that? Also how modern is the car? Bro in laws Merx streams via blue tooth.

stumpy01

My OH has got this on her new-ish Ibiza; a headphone socket and a USB lead.

We tried sticking my ipod nano into it via the usb cable (standard apple one) and it kept giving an error.
    Apparently for her car (and most others I think) you need a certain cable to get it to work.

In the end we just put in one of those ‘almost flush’ USB sticks and she can access her music through the file system on the stereo display. Works really well (probably the one feature of her car that I would like to have on my car).

CountZero

Usually the standard supplied lead, or an aftermarket Lightning lead* should work, it’s USB at the other end. It’ll be worth plugging the phone in, to see how it reacts, it may just be that it isn’t officially certified for iP5, but will work anyway. My Kenwood is ‘Made For iPhone’ and predates the 5, but will work happily with it, including mapping directions from CoPilot while music’s playing.
    *Provided it allows full data, rather than just charging.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘iPhone 5 – In-car USB audio cable?’ is closed to new replies.