Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • iPhone 5 case
  • leythervegas
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a decent case for iPhone 5 that will take the odd knock when I throw it in my camelbak?

bencooper
    Free Member

I got a Lifeproof after a recommendation on here – pricey, but very tough and waterproof without turning it into a breezeblock.

jkomo

Otterbox defender or commuter

Chipbutty
    Free Member

Otterbox

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

My wife got a silicone case of Amazon for £4. Add a screen protector and she’s not managed to break it after many months. Loads of funky colours, most seem to be quite feminine though.

pipiom
    Free Member

Casemate tough extreme off amazon 14 quid

professorfaceplant
    Free Member

+1 for Otterbox

my wifes iphone survived being run over by a van, so its defintley tough – not waterproof though

oh – but it does make the phone into a brick

jambalaya
    Free Member

I don’t use a case, as it makes the phone bulky. I just put it into the internal zip/mesh pocket in the camelback. If its wet weather I put it into a ziplock food bag as well. Perhaps I’ve been lucky but I’ve dropped my various iPhones many times and they’ve never broken, in fairness others have not been so lucky.

Free Member

+1 for Lifeproof, just make sure you buy from a reputable stockist, or Lifeproof themselves, as 100% of all Lifeproof and Otterbox on amazon are fake.

mike737373
    Free Member

Bought a case from Ruggedstuff.co.uk are worth a look given the high volume of fake cases that are available on amazon and ebay

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I’ve got a Lifeproof one here. It is very tough and not as bulky as most others and supposidly waterproof, though i’d never test that. Having said that I did drop it the other day from about 6ft onto concrete, and although the phone is undamaged, the caseing itself seems to have developed a crack – so definately not waterproof now, but still useable. I guess these cases are designed to take the impact and damage rather than the phone.

prawny

Stick it in a sock, in a nappy/sarnie bag.

annebr
    Free Member

A nappie sarnie!!!! 😯

jam-bo

itself seems to have developed a crack – so definately not waterproof now, but still useable. I guess these cases are designed to take the impact and damage rather than the phone.

Contact lifeproof. I damaged mine and they sent me a new one for free

49er_Jerry
    Free Member

I’ve got a Lifeproof one here. It is very tough and not as bulky as most others and supposidly waterproof, though i’d never test that. Having said that I did drop it the other day from about 6ft onto concrete, and although the phone is undamaged, the caseing itself seems to have developed a crack – so definately not waterproof now, but still useable. I guess these cases are designed to take the impact and damage rather than the phone.

A massive vote for Lifeproof cases.
    All personal experiences
    1. My work exposes my phone to fine dust constantly – no problem
    2. Numerous drops knocks and otherwise iphone killing incidents over the life of the phone (3 years)
    3. Phone left in my bag on a marina. A friend went to get something from said bag and accidentally tipped my phone into the sea. The phone was fine after diving down to get it a minute or so later.

ALSO – with special reference to the quoted above, my case did not survive a friends baby, who put a tooth through the earpiece membrane. Lifeproof were very impressive and sent out a replacement case (complete) that arrived a week or so later completely FOC. Phone out of warranty too.

It’s quite expensive, but in my opinion well worth every penny. It’s a fit and forget product for me. T
    The only two irritations are:
    1) that if you don’t have the screw in headphone adapter, you can’t use someone else’s stereo unless you take the phone out of the case. This can cause the case to weaken.
    2) Docks and most non genuine apple dock connectors do not fit through the port in the Lifeproof case. Adapters are cheap as chips, but sods law says that you won’t have one to hand when you want one.

I had an otterbox defender in the past that was bulky and provided nothing like the protection, nor peace of mind.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

We use these.

http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4-/37081456/692329412/Trident-Case-Aegis-Series-Case-Cover-for-Apple-iPhone-5-Green/ListingDetails.html?_%24ja=tsid:13315|cat:37081456|prd:37081456&$$ja=cgid:7025706297|tsid:48121|cid:130773057|lid:54125434857|nw:g|crid:22605552537|rnd:1951443547669519740|dvc:c|adp:1o1|mt:

Ours are exposed to a fair amount of abuse… Lots of grass and mud.. 😮

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘iPhone 5 case’ is closed to new replies.