Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • iphone 4s – what's the best (and best value) case/bumper please?
  • wl
    Free Member

As title, really. There seem to be loads out there, but presumably some are good and others not. Any recommendations for buying and avoiding? Ta v much.

daveh
    Free Member
    zelak999
    Free Member

Best is the Apple bumper.
    Best for the money is the £1.99 ones on eBay from any of the high feedback sellers.

wl
    Free Member

Ta for this. Anywhere selling authentic apple ones cheaper than apple itelf?

samuri
    Free Member

I got this one from Vistaprint. you can upload any picture you want, in this case a picture of Roy that I drew.

My iPhone case by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

worldrallyteam
    Free Member

Check out OtterBox

CountZero

The one I’ve had on my iP5 since it was new, until a couple of weeks ago, cost me about $1.99, virtually identical to the Belkin one I got free from Apple. Easily survived dropping the phone on its edge from about a metre off the ground onto a steep rough Tarmac road, where it bounced three times on the corners.

Mugboo

Another Otterbox user here.

trebord
    Free Member

Speck

footflaps

I’ve got a clear plastic Belkin case. Dropped by phone 4m onto concrete off the top of some scaffolding and it survived!

cardo

Lifeproof.. not cheap but simply brilliant.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

cardo have you got one? I read somewhere that the Lifeproof case covers up the microphone/earpiece and makes phone calls almost useless, have you found that to be so or have they changed/improved?

madxela
    Free Member

+1 otterbox

CountZero

Try the Lunatik TakTik case, if you want maximum protection. not pretty or cheap, but it works beautifully, and gives about as much protection as is possible while mintaining usability.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Otterbox for me too. Not too chunky but will protect your phone if you drop it and look OK as well.

jam-bo

just got a lifeproof for my 5. seems good so far. not tested the waterproof part in anger yet.

the 4/4s version is cheaper but watch out for fakes on ebay/amazon.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Lifeproof.. not cheap but simply brilliant.

I wouldn’t touch Lifeproof. I ordered the Fre case from them as soon as it was released, after a month it still hadn’t arrived, they sent another, after a month that didn’t arrive either. Finally got a refund last week after ordering the thing 3 months ago. Their customer service is appalling.

And the case is getting poor reviews so I’m kinda glad it never arrived.

jam-bo

I ordered a fre case direct from lifeproof on the 14th, turned up on the 16th. 15% off as well.

all the bad reviews I’ve seen have been for the fakes on ebay/amazon. if you pay £15 for a case that has an RRP of £70 what do you expect…

Gary_M
    Free Member

Lucky you, I ordered on 28th November and nowt turned up. £70? think I paid £50.

cardo

@dorset_knob and Gary M I have the 4s and got mine from a company in the UK here. It’s superb honestly no problems with using the phone or hearing the earpiece, reception etc… Fantastic design and I don’t worry about my phone getting wet or damaged.

jam-bo

I bought direct from lifeproof. It was dispatched from UK.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘iphone 4s – what's the best (and best value) case/bumper please?’ is closed to new replies.