Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • iPhone 4s cases – recommendations please :o)
  • aleigh
    Free Member

Hi all

I have just got my iPhone 4s and would like to know what case to buy. I have been trawling through the internet and am now stuck for choice 😕 I do like the translucent ones with a hint of colour but really want to get something that is sturdy, not too chunky and that looks nice! 😆

Thank you!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Case mate barely there for me every time.

Liftman

Speck case

allthegear
    Free Member

http://www.gelaskins.com, order a hard case and print whatever design you want onto it.

Rachel

aleigh
    Free Member

I like the sound of that!!

CountZero

I’ve got the clear Belkin one that Apple gave away for free after the daft ‘Antennagate’ fiasco, which just clips over the sides and back, and that’s been excellent, very tough, doesn’t get in the way, and being clear, you could easily put a Gelaskin on and then the Belkin which would give you a nice looking back picture and matching wallpaper with the extra layer of protection of the glass edge should you drop it. Mine’s been on the ground several times, including concrete, but if you take the case off, it’s pristine underneath, while the Belkin is scuffed to buggery.
    I do have cheap eBay clear screen and back protector film on as well.

giantjason
    Free Member

i have used Otterbox for all my previous iphones. Really good quality and protects the phone really well when dropped. It also comes with a screen protector to ensure all aspects of the phone are covered. There are varying degrees of protection, with different covers at differing costs.

It is expensive if you order direct from their website but much more reasonable through amazon.

johndoh
    Free Member

I’ve just got a clear Griffin one – very low profile and allows easy access to all the controls without faff. I am pretty happy with it.

xcstu
    Free Member

Can highly rated the element case formula 4

Not the cheapest but neither is the phone your putting it in!!!

aleigh
    Free Member

Thank you all for your advice. With some I have read that if the edge doesn’t curve round and cover the screen protector, it can cause it to bubble. Any experience of this? And cases that cover the buttons, any ones in particular that make it difficult to use them?

M6TTF
    Free Member

tunewear eggshell – very thin

CountZero

If you want serious protection, that isn’t too bulky, similar to an Otterbox, have a shufti at these:
    https://www.lunatik.com/products/taktik
    I’ve got one on order for an iPhone 5, bought through their Kickstarter project.

aleigh
    Free Member

That looks like one serious case!!

CountZero

Pretty no-messing! It has seals, and you can spec a sheet of Gorilla Glass as a screen protector as well. Not cheap, by any means, but wrecking an iPhone isn’t a cheap option either. They’re doing a dedicated bike mount and car screen mount too.

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

Lifeproof!

Lets you go any wear risk free!

Did this today with mine!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktWtLONHsNk&list=LLJojXwP33Sgk0P3Ojh4P0CQ&feature=mh_lolz[/video]

binners

Just go to Asda or Tesco and buy whatever gel case they’ve got. It’ll be about a fiver, tops. It’ll work just as well as any other ludicrously over-priced fancy-pants nonsense, except you won’t be paying an extra 30 quid for a marketing campaign designed to make you think your phone case is some kind of gggggnaaaar extension of your personality

winston_dog
    Free Member

+1 for Otterbox.

I have one on a Galaxy and it really seems to give good protection for not much bulk

aleigh
    Free Member

Binners, I might want to make it a ggggnaaaaar extension of my personality 😉

aleigh
    Free Member

Binners, I might want to make it a ggggnaaaaar extension of my personality 😉

wwaswas

Lifeproof for me – not much bigger than a standard Apple bumper but protects the phone really well.

binners

Aaaah – In that case I’d get one custom made out of bits of an old Russian T-34 tank or some missile casings 😉

grum
    Free Member

Just go to Asda or Tesco and buy whatever gel case they’ve got.

But that will just be a case – not a ‘protection system’.

aleigh
    Free Member

I even went in the O2 shop today as I have a tenner to burn courtesy of them, but I didn’t find much!!

CountZero

Just go to Asda or Tesco and buy whatever gel case they’ve got. It’ll be about a fiver, tops. It’ll work just as well as any other ludicrously over-priced fancy-pants nonsense, except you won’t be paying an extra 30 quid for a marketing campaign designed to make you think your phone case is some kind of gggggnaaaar extension of your personality

Yeah, they work really well mounted on your bike stem or handlebar with a couple of rubber bands for three hours in pouring rain, or bouncing down a 1:4 over baby heads.
    I’ve never used my current phone on my bike because I couldn’t find a mount and case I trusted enough to keep the phone attached to the bike, and dry with it.
    But hey, that’s just me wanting to keep £700 worth of electronics working properly under less than ideal circumstances.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘iPhone 4s cases – recommendations please :o)’ is closed to new replies.