Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • iphone 4 : help required please all iphone EXPERTS
  • EddieFiola
    Free Member

I have an iphone 4 which keeps randomly restarting itself until the battery has run out. This is what ive done to eliminate the problem but nothing has worked yet.

1. full reboot
    2. re boot and lose all data
    3. New battery

Non of these thing seem to help, im aware the new os comes out tomorrow so that might help. Other than that or get a new one, does anyone have any ideas.

letmetalktomark

Have you spoken to Apple?

My 3gs played up towards the end of its battery life.

I arrange an appointment at an Apple store and they replaced the phone for the cost of a battery swap.

The phone came with an up to date oS and sync fine with iTunes once home.

Maybe worth a call/visit?

EddieFiola
    Free Member

Never thought of that. Might try a visit, thanks

thetallpaul
    Free Member

+1 Apple support. Usually very very good and treat the customer with respect. They will even fix stuff out of warranty for free sometimes.

zilog6128

If you are sure that that is the problem can not be handled by self,just consult with the apple store before something more happend to your cellphone.

Are spambots programmed to be helpful now?!

jambalaya
    Free Member

There’s no need to loose all data, you can make a backup in iTunes and restore from it. When you say reboot is this what you mean ? If not I’d try the iTunes restore however … I’ve never heard of this problem, plenty of mates still using iPhone 3’s, it does sound very much like a hardware fault of some kind so I doubt iOS7 is going to help.

jam-bo

What sort of reboot? Just powering off with the top button isn’t.

Hold down home and power button together for ten seconds

xiphon
    Free Member

1. Ensure the phone is 100% charged.
    2. Do a full iTunes backup.
    3. Factory reset the phone.
    4. Set up the phone as a NEW user.
    5. Reboot the phone, and then attach to iTunes and restore the phone.

Sometimes the battery level can remain in the user profile – so when you backup at 25%, yet restore it with 100% battery, it gets confused (still thinks its 25%).

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Check the water sensors one in headphone jack one in dock. Looking for pink

CountZero

Odd problem, that. Backing up the phone, then restoring to factory settings, then restoring from last backup is usually the way to go, but, and it’s only a ‘but’, it might be a weird symptom of the battery dying on its ass. I still use my iP4, mostly for navigation and as an iPod, and it’s still working really well, but the battery is showing its age, and will only get worse. I’ve been quoted £45 for a new battery fitted by Apple in Bath, against £25 and £35 in little high street phone shops. Think I’ll go with Apple, if they cock it up, they can replace it with a 4S!
    Hope you get it sorted ok, the 4 is still a good, solid piece of tech.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@eddie have a look/search at the MacRmours forum and/or put a post on there, very knowledgeable crowd

sharkbait
    Free Member

I had a 3gs that would crash (just shutdown) at battery levels around 60%. It was fairly random but it seemed that some tasks (such as checking for mail or sending a text) temporarily pulled more power than the battery could supply and it just died.
    New battery fixed it.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Replace the battery yourself count > its not possible to cock up. Batteries are a fiver ish.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘iphone 4 : help required please all iphone EXPERTS’ is closed to new replies.