Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • iPhone 4 battery replacement
  • Rockhopper
    Free Member

I’m looking for a new battery for my iPhone 4 (not a 4S), Apple will do it for £55 but there are many Ebay sellers charging much less and it looks quite easy to do.

But I really want a genuine Apple battery (not least so I don’t risk burning my house down), many of the sellers say things like:

“This is OEM Original Apple PCB Battery not the same as Apple Store…”

and

“High Quality iPhone 4 replacement battery – exact replacement.”

so, has anyone bought one and if so are they any good?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Ive got one in my phone – 6.99 was described as oem …. I it is or it isnt ill never know but its certainly working. So well i bought another for the mrs. Really easy to swap.

onandon
    Free Member

I paid just under a tenner for an apparent genuine 4s battery.
    Very easy to change and I’ve not had any problems with it.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I’m in the market for the same as trying to breath new life into daughters ex phone (needs front back screens too), which online store/seller did you get the batteries from

trail_rat
    Free Member

All-4-mobile on ebay. Just checked my feedback

jet26
    Free Member

Got one for 15 quid fitted from one of the high street ‘fix your phone while you wait’ type places.

Gone from lasting a day at best to two days with even moderate use.

Worth doing. Not worth paying 55 quid!

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Don’t pay more than £7, give it a full charge and test it. If it’s rubbish tell them and ask for a replacement. Having done many never had a dud. Screens yes. Batteries much of a muchness

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Well I’ve just risked £3.29 including free P&P and all the tools so if you don’t hear from me next week you’ll know my house has burnt down 🙂

CountZero

Rockhopper, it’s not the house, it’s carrying it in your trouser pocket you want to be careful of… 😉

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Yes, true enough!

Well the new battery just turned up, fitting it was easy with the supplied tools but no joy I’m afraid. From an external USB charger it shows 100% charged then asks me to connect to iTunes, as soon as I unplug the charger the phone turns off and won’t turn on again. Connected to the computer it just goes into a loop (apple logo, two buzzes then off and so on) and won’t do anything.

So I popped the original battery back in and the phone is fine, I didn’t even need to restore it which surprised me.

Maybe I’ll try again with a slightly more expensive battery?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Well that’s Sod’s law.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Rockhopper keep us posted.

Did you keep the USB charger in for a while ? Maybe its worth trying/risking a reset and restore with the new battery ? Warning I don’t know what I’m talking about so just listen to @wysiwyg

(note I have a £7 battery waiting in my “basket” to see how this goes to decide whether to attempt the same, I need new front/back glass too on a old phone I am trying to breath new life into)

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Like I said ive never had a duff battery from ebay and ive replaced loads in water damaged iphones.

Id imagine if you contact them they wont want it back, just send a replacement

Ifrider
    Free Member

Just did it on a 5… bar steward to get the screen but not a real problem once that was done apart from pulling the bonded in battery out. Worked fine, had for over a week with life of 2 days between charges. At the weekend, suddenly battery went from 90 – 16% and now refuses to turn on/charge. Bought off Amazon for £7, contacted them and they’ve told me to send it back… hopefully next one will be better.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I’ve ordered a “genuine” Apple battery from Amazon so lets see how I get on with that one!

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Amazon battery arrived yesterday – fitted this morning and so far appears to be working perfectly (well its not caught fire yet!). Also no need to do a restore.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘iPhone 4 battery replacement’ is closed to new replies.