Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • iPhone 4 battery pack
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

Anyone got any recommendations for an extra battery pack case for an iPhone? Riding with the GPS permanently on drains the battery pretty sharpish. There’s loads of choice on the internet.

Ta

stilltortoise
    Free Member

*bump*

daveh
    Free Member

I fashioned up extra juice to a GPS using a car charger and the battery pack from my lights. The electronics from the car charger regulates the battery (seemingly whatever the voltage) to 5V so its just like plugging the GPS into USB. Also, it keeps the battery in good nick for when winter rocks around again. Win win.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I use a MiLi

mboy
    Free Member

I use a MiLi

+1

Got given it by my Dad for Christmas and thought “I’ll never use that, it’ll just make the phone bulky and I never drain the battery that much anyway”…

How wrong could I be! In use, the phone is barely any bulkier, noticably easier to hold in your hand (anybody else notice how untactile the iPhone 4 is?), and it doubles the battery life!

http://www.iphonemili.com/Products_show.asp?ID=23&MaxID=11
    http://www.dazzlesolar.co.uk/product.php?portable-phone-charger

MrTall
    Free Member

I bought a cheapy one off ebay for a fiver as a get me out of trouble backup. It’s small and i just chuck it in my backpack on long rides (usually get well over 5 hours from my iphone 4 though using endomondo). It sometimes throws a wobbly and tells me it’s not compatable but usually it works fine and puts in a fair bit of charge fairly quickly. I tend to use it for 15mins or so at lunch stops etc to top up the charge a bit.
    For a fiver i really have no complaints.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I don’t mind a more “burly” case since I only need this for when out biking/skiing. For normal use I’d leave it in a drawer.

steve_b77
    Free Member

My iPhone 4 will do 5 hours on GPS with run keeper easily, only ever uses upto 50% of the battery on that kind of distance.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Wow! Really? I use Motion X (I think that’s what it’s called) and 5 hours would probably gobble up the entire battery.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘iPhone 4 battery pack’ is closed to new replies.