• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by cp.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Iphone 4 8gb – worth an upgrade to?
  • NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Orange have offered me a cheap early upgrade to an Iphone 4 8GB, which i am considering as my HTC is on its last legs. I know these are a couple of years old but is there anything to look out for, in particular is the camera rubbish, as a bit of googling suggests it is.

Ta

spacemonkey

Depends what HTC you’re upgrading from + whether 8Gb is enough storage + do you want another phone instead + do you want to wait for the next iP with the funky looking iOS7?

Not really anything bad to look for. I’ve had mine nigh on 3 yrs and it’s still bullet proof. Running a little slower than it used to, that’s all.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Current phone is a HTC Desire S. Almost at a standstill now its that slow and battery is half a day at best. 8GB should be enough, just store some music as MP3 files and use the camera for occassional shots.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Do you plan to store anything on it as 8gb is fairly small. What else are they offering. In general early upgrades are just there to shift stock and keep you on a more expensive deal. Im guessing you could get a phone and sim only a lot cheaper or wait and get something current on a new deal.

GrahamS

iPhone 4 user here – but it is now officially “end of line” (i.e. it is the oldest phone that will be supported by the new iOS 7).

The camera is pretty good. You won’t be taking landscapes to print 6 foot wide, but for every day use it is fine. It’s only real issue is that it’s not great in low light.

GrahamS

Do you plan to store anything on it as 8gb is fairly small.

true. Mine is 32GB and pretty much full.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Sack ya contract off, go sim only and buy my unlocked 4s 😉

johnnystorm

I wouldn’t bother with that personally for the reasons stated above, poor storage space and superceded twice over now. Have a look on Smartfone store for a used unlocked phone (fiver back through quidco). I’m on a sim-only contract with three, £13 gets me a decent amount of minutes, thousands of texts and unlimited data at decent 3G speeds. A 64gb 4S will be around £250 with a warranty from Smartfonestore.

cp

Do a factory reset/wipe on your desire s and watch the speed re-appear…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Iphone 4 8gb – worth an upgrade to?’ is closed to new replies.