Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • iphone 3g v samsung galaxy s and other smart phones
  • teamyeti
    Free Member

any opinions please??

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Galaxy s is 2 generations ahead of the 3G.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I have a galaxy s which is ok out of the box but is in no way perfect. Far from it really.

How neardy do you want to get.?

There are lag fixes for the sgs which are ok and speed things up a touch. There are custom roms out there that you can install over the stock android os and this will make the phone fly. Way faster than an iphone and way faster than most phones on the market imo.

Like I say it depends on how neardy you want to get and how much bottle you have got as replacing the stock os and bricking your phone will void and warrenty.

Iphones just work and work well out of the box.
    You can do a lot more with the sgs.

Try these fella’s. A wealth of knowledge and shite loads of themes apps and hacks.

Depends on what you want the phone for.

Dawnrazor
    Free Member

I’ve recently bought a Dell streak after previously owning a Sony K800i. I looked at the Dell, iphone, Galaxy S and HD7 and eventually decided on the Dell. Absolutely no regrets and the 5″ screen is awesome. The Dell gets a lot of comments about is size in comparison to the other phones but I dont give this a bit of thought with the amount of stuff this phone can do.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Oh and the screen on the sgs is much better than the iphone.

Drac

Far from it.

I have a iPhone 3g and I got the wife Galaxy S, they’re almost identical even look the same. Camera on Galaxy is better though other than that hardly any difference with the exception the 3G comes with more memory as standard. I still prefer the iPhone interface but maybe because I’m use to it. Also Galaxy S was a pain to get to download apps due the bug with using .gmail instead of .googlemail for the email address, it required a factory reset.

So in conclusion go for the one you prefer and can afford.

GrahamS

Agreed. I’m an iPhone user, but I wouldn’t recommend a 3G at this stage. It’s pretty old now and support for it is slipping: it can’t support all the features of the current iOS (operating system) and more recent apps may struggle on it.

An iPhone 3GS is a better bet if you are on a tight budget, but the iPhone 4 is where it’s at. It’s streaks ahead of the previous models and is a contemporary of the Galaxy S (beating it IMO, but others will say different).

TheFlyingOx

I’m currently using an iPhone 3GS while my Xperia X10 is away getting fixed. I never thought I’d say it after how much I hated the X10 when it first arrived, but the iPhone is decidedly below average.
    The X10 was a bit of a learning curve out of the box, but when you work out how to tweak Android to your liking it’s streets ahead of the iPhone OS, which is good to go out of the box, but then you’re stuck with it. iPhone 4 seems to me to be iPhone 3 with a bit more speed.

AndyRT
    Free Member

Had galaxy s for 24hrs. Gave it back and paid for an iPhone 4. Much better phone ion every way! Plus works with a mac. Galaxy doesn’t.

MrSmith
    Free Member

having previously used a 3g i would say go fro the iphone4 or whatever android is the current fave (if you like playing around with roms and telling your mates what frame rates you get with games)

iphone4 has proper battery life and is plenty fast enough, the screen is great too.

IA

In what way does a galaxy not work with a mac? Maybe you just mean “doesn’t work with itunes, automatically syncing, and play my DRM content”? Which is by no means not working…

Neither’s perfect, they have pros and cons. You need to know what’s important to you to make a decision.

GrahamS

iPhone 4 seems to me to be iPhone 3 with a bit more speed.

Yep, also

Faster 3D
    Better camera (higher res, flash, HD video, front camera)
    Much better screen (twice the resolution, highest res phone screen available today I believe)
    More memory (512MB versus 128MB)
    More flash (16/32GB vs 8/16GB)
    Bigger battery (1420mAh vs 1150mAh)

Cougar

I had the original Galaxy, and after the frankly disgraceful ‘support’ from Samsung I’d never have another Samsumg Android phone. It was such a pup that O2 swapped it for a HTC Desire for free after I complained bitterly. Never looked back. If I was buying a new phone now, I’d go with another HTC.

I’d argue that the target audience for Android and iPhone are different. If you want a phone that ‘just works’ and aren’t interested in playing about with it, the iPhone is the way to go. If you want more freedom to do what you like at the expense of sometimes having to deal with the occasional compatibility issue, Android is the way forward. I’m generalising slightly, but Android is the Linux of the phone world and the iPhone is Mac OSX.

dave_aber
    Free Member

+1

GrahamS

Yeah Cougar +1

Personally I spend enough time dicking about with computers at work, so I’m happy with a phone that “just works”. Others find this constraining.

Drac

Oh errrm errr I have iPhone 3GS, guess that’s why I see little difference then. 😳

donsimon
    Free Member

I do some work at Samsung with one of the guys who has access to the latest and greatest Samsung phones, his personal choice is an iPhone 4, go figure!

dennis25
    Free Member

Get the galaxy or the newwer iphone 4

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘iphone 3g v samsung galaxy s and other smart phones’ is closed to new replies.