Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Ipad4 – due to be discounted soon now IPad5 has been leaked
  • plumslikerocks
    Free Member

as per title – is it likely that there will be some clearance deals on the Ipad 4 now that the 5 is due?

footflaps

Apple don’t do a lot of discounting / deals.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I don’t recall there ever being any deals on things like iPads, the phone companies sometimes offer better deals on iPhones but that’s because they have pre-oredered/paid for stock

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    spacemonkey

Sitting here with my iPad 4 it’s hard to imagine what they can improve on. I’m talking from a hardware perspective as there are various things the iOS could do a little better.

footflaps

At a guess it’ll be a little lighter and slimmer and a slightly better camera. There’s not been a lot of dramatic changes since the retina screen in the iPhone 4.

maccruiskeen

clearance deals on the Ipad 4

Generally when the new generations of the phones and pads come out the older ones remain on sale as a different spec option. So the previous two generations of the iPhone are still on sale – theres no clearance deals because theres no clearance.

CountZero

Scuttlebutt says thinner, lighter, more like Mini in style, which isn’t unlikely, I would guess doubling up on storage for top-end model, dropping smallest capacity, so perhaps 32/64/128Gb. It’s been hinted that the next iPhone could go up to 128Gb, through code in iOS 7, which would back that up. I want a 256Gb Touch, my 160Gb Classic is very close to capacity now.
    We’ll find out for certain come September.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I’m currently hovering my finger over buying an 32GB ipad 4. I like the mini, but I love the retina display and think magazines, photos etc look better on the ipad.

footflaps

Personally I prefer the Mini to the standard size one (we have one of each).

monkeychild
    Free Member

It’s the retina screen that’s what’s missing for me. I have it on my iphone and it is great, so not having it on an ipad would be a bit meh.

footflaps

I can’t say I notice the difference between my 4s and either iPad…

monkeychild
    Free Member

How does for example the digital STW mag render on the mini? Is it readable or is it a zoom in and out ‘mare?

matthewlhome
    Free Member

i find that the screen on the mini looks ‘blocky’ in comparison even to the ipad 3. It’s like the difference between the ipad 2 and 3.

footflaps

I’m old school and get the mag delivered in paper format. PDF versions don’t really work for me.

GrahamS

It’s the retina screen that’s what’s missing for me. I have it on my iphone and it is great, so not having it on an ipad would be a bit meh.

Likewise. Held off buying an iPad till the 3 came out with Retina display.

The whole “digital magazine” thing just doesn’t make sense unless it has a resolution that is close to print resolution.
    So I wouldn’t consider a Mini till it is Retina level too.

FWIW Singletrack (PDF or App) and “Cyclist” (mag app) both look brilliant on an iPad 3. In fact it is the main way I read mags these days. Makes for far less clutter round the house.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I have the paper sub, but I like the idea of digital as its less clutter etc. think full size ipad 4 is the way forward then 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Ipad4 – due to be discounted soon now IPad5 has been leaked’ is closed to new replies.