Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Ipad v Tablet: Apple make a convert.
  • Spin
    Free Member

Having had both home from work to play with I’ve made my decision.

To be fair it is a Fujitsu tablet so perhaps there are better ones out there but after about an hour I was ready to throw it at the wall.

The iPad just worked. And what’s more it worked the way I expected it to and first time.

Sold.

dannybgoode

The problem with cheaper android stuff (both phones and tablets) is that they do not give a very good user experience.

Apple always ensures that (to being with at least) the hardware can power the software sufficiently well to give a good user experience – but then so do the better android tablets.

That said android is generally better for people who like to faff around with custom settings etc whereas with an ipad you do what Apple let you do which works and is fine by most of their users.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Faff around with un needed settings;)

Least with apple you know what your getting, seems to be a gamble with android.

Jamie
    Free Member

To be fair it is a Fujitsu tablet so perhaps there are better ones out there but after about an hour I was ready to throw it at the wall.

Yes. There are better ones out there. Lots better.

khani
    Free Member

I’m old, and a technological cripple, I love my iPad…

Spin
    Free Member

Yes. There are better ones out there. Lots better.

The trouble is that without getting hold of a better one I’ve no way of knowing how much of the annoyance is hardware and how much is os. I’ve a suspicion it’s a bit of both.

clubber
    Free Member

I find ios hugely frustrating but it is consistently frustrating…

Apple are great for making choices for you. Android is great if you’d rather thane the option to make your own choices but accept that that sometimes means a slightly less consistent or polished performance.

Spin
    Free Member

choices

Choice. Sometimes it’s good sometimes it isn’t.

prawny

Yup, android phone and ipad for me. Tried android tablets but not keen, had an iPhone but didn’t like it. I think iOS works well for a tablet, the shortcomings aren’t such a problem. Whereas I couldn’t really give a hoot about widgets on a tablet.

captain-slow
    Free Member

should have tried a samsung…

Spin
    Free Member

Are they better?

mav12
    Free Member

ipad convert here have a galaxy tab which i loved but ipad is a lot slicker. everything works as it should tinternet is a lot faster just bought g/f ipad mini she had a kindle fire which she loved and has never been off the ipad to be fair they are more expensive so should be better i suppose

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I went from an Ipad3 to a Nexus 7 via a Galaxy Note 10.1 (utter crap) and personally I believe a relatively plain android os installed on something with the specs to use it is much better than the Apple equivalent.

johnnystorm

I’ve gone from iPad > Galaxy Tab > Dell XPS10 RT > Surface Pro

Win8 tablets far better than their popularity would suggest. The Surface Pro thrashes them all on outright performance but battery life suffers. For purely “tablet” duties (The surface pro is a proper ultrabook really)the Dell XPS10 is best for performance to pound with excellent battery life.

/posted from my surface

loddrik
    Free Member

iPad all day, I questioned the point of one due to me already have an iphone and a laptop. Its been brilliant and filled a gap I never knew existed. Though I do have to get in line after the kids and the wife…

Daughters birthday is coming up and they both now want, and will no doubt get, ipad minis. Though I do plan on relieving them of their ipod touch’s to make way and partly pay for them. They obviously know nothing of any if this yet!

GrahamS

up and they both now want, and will no doubt get, ipad minis

Retina Minis are likely to be out before Xmas. I’d hold off for those myself.

loddrik
    Free Member

Their birthdays are both in mid nov so I don’t think we will have the option of waiting.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Ipad v Tablet: Apple make a convert.’ is closed to new replies.