Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • ipad user spotted
  • rOcKeTdOg

on the train last night, he looked awkward as he didn't know whether to hand hold it or lay it on the table, he dropped it once during his fumblings, it looks a bit "star trek" which appeals but it looks unwieldy, maybe there's some sort of handbag that you can buy?

who's queuing for one tomorrow? i won't be

maxray
    Free Member

Had a play on our sys admin guy's a few weeks back. It has a weird issue with storage of files which seemed a bit of a draw back.

But yes it is a bit like being in "Land of the giants" holding an ipod 😀

geetee1972
    Free Member

I was in the States last week and popped into the Apple store in Chicago. There are a lot of people saying that they can't see what they would use it for but the demo ones I played with had examples of iPad magazines and they were lush.
    The e-magazine 'Wide Open' is about as close as you can get to explaining how it works; it's not a magazine as PDF and it's not a website, it's sort of the best bits of both of those formats merged into one and it works really well.
    Of course, it needs to do a lot more than supply rich magazine style content in an electronic format.

CaptJon
    Free Member

fisha
    Free Member

It has a weird issue with storage of files which seemed a bit of a draw back.

so is it like the ipod / iphone where you cant simply transfer files onto it as though it were a USB device? ( like you would be able to do with just about any other type of similar device )

if so. FAIL.

druidh
    Free Member

The new Dell device looks to be a better size for this sort of thing.

IanMunro
    Free Member

A bloke at work's got one, so I suspect he will be in later, and I'll have to make appropriate noises to gratify his purchasing decision.

davidrussell
    Free Member

ianM – grab an outsized desktop calculator and copy his every movement – he'll get embarrassed eventually

IanMunro
    Free Member

LOL!

GrahamS

One of my mates just bought an O2 Joggler, hacked it and put some linux variant on it.

He did suggest putting MacOS on it, but I pointed out that an Apple OS on a tablet PC would just be stupid 😀

so is it like the ipod / iphone where you cant simply transfer files onto it as though it were a USB device?

I never really need to do this, but there are many iPhone apps that let you do it wirelessly and on USB if it's the kind of thing you need.

maxray
    Free Member

Yeah fisha I think so, can't quite remember exactly what he explained as he went off on one 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I like th eidea, but suspect everyone else will make a better one an unlike the ipod this wont be forgivable becasue for all the faff of using itunes rather than a drag'n'drop system, the ipods GUI and controlls have always been million miles better than anyone elses at the time, creatives gui seems to folow a generation beging but the click stick and buttons feel awkward in comparison.

vinnyeh

ipads really about the media and the apps though isn't it- they've got such momentum with the app store that I think it'll be difficult to compete in the short/medium term.
    Interestingly, starting to see reports from the US of media companies asking for site redevelopment without Flash- surely a sign of the importance of Apple device users.

tomdebruin
    Free Member

OS version 4, releasing in Juneish will have ability to store files locally.

Interestingly, starting to see reports from the US of media companies asking for site redevelopment without Flash- surely a sign of the importance of Apple device users.

HTML5 FTW!

glenh
    Free Member

I have one that I picked up in the US a while back.

I must admit that I had no intention of buying one until I actually used one (got rid of my iphone because I didn't like it, but the big screen makes all the difference).

There are plenty of apps for file transfer and browsing local files, so that's not really an issue. As pointed out above however, it's all about the media experience really.
    You-tube, films, books etc are great on it.

Dirt mag is available on the UK ipad store 😛

cynic-al
    Free Member

Had a play with one at the weekend. Seems like a giant ipod and v nice to use, doubt I'll be buying one though.

Jamie
    Free Member

Interestingly, starting to see reports from the US of media companies asking for site redevelopment without Flash…..

Thank crackers for that.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘ipad user spotted’ is closed to new replies.