Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • iPad to TV adapter thingy – What's the quality on screen like?
  • teacake
    Free Member

Does it just scale up the same resolution or does something fancy happen so we get a better image on the TV?

Want to rent films from iTunes then watch on TV from iPad.

Cheers,
    Col

CaptJon
    Free Member

If you can afford it, and don’t have a laptop you can plug in, consider AppleTV. There are also solutions to stream stuff through games consoles, but stuff from iTunes won’t work because of the DRM film companies insist Apple use.

I tried presenting via a projector at work, and it didn’t work. According to IT the output from a ipad is less than a laptop, so if the cable is too long the video doesn’t make it all the way to the projector.

JPR
    Free Member
    sharkbait
    Free Member

Yep, I’de really look at an AppleTV instead as it opens up the possibility of full mirroring from the iPad plus you ‘could’ install BXMC and stream movies from IceFilms – this makes the AppleTV a very handy piece of kit.

5lab

if the film is streamed I wouldn’t expect wonderful quality out of it anyway (based on other internet-streaming-based services). If its pre-downloaded, then that’s irrelivent

M6TTF
    Free Member

if the film is streamed I wouldn’t expect wonderful quality out of it anyway (based on other internet-streaming-based services). If its pre-downloaded, then that’s irrelivent

actually the quality of streamed content is very good – not full HD, but it outputs at 720p which on my 32 LCD is as good as watching a DVD. You can also start watching within 20 secs of purchasing.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I’d recommend Apple TV. You can rent movies with your iTunes account or send wirelessly from your iPad or iPhone.
    Apple TV also has YouTube and Vimeo access. Or you can send Youtube direct from the iPad or iPhone, wirelessly.
    If you are happy to pay premium prices for this type of kit (as I do)another £99 for the little box and convenience should be ok.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘iPad to TV adapter thingy – What's the quality on screen like?’ is closed to new replies.