Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • iPad Pro
  • palmer77
    Free Member

Incidentally, the Apple embedded SIM is great. I’ve used it in the UK, France and Spain

zilog6128

What app are we all using for taking notes? Currently using Penultimate (which is amazing at searching through my scrawly handwriting) just wondering if there’s anything different/better.

re. size – I have the 12.9″ which is perfect for sitting on my desk, especially if using it as an additional monitor or graphics tablet for Photoshop, etc (Duet Pro is a great app for this). Also perfect for running Zwift (although no-one makes a tablet handlebar mount big enough for it 🙁 #firstworldproblems)

It’s too big for more casual use though IMO, if you’ve got to hold it rather than set it on your lap. Mine stays at work, but if I had one for home use I’d probably go for the smaller one.

Also I’d consider the pencil an essential purchase… it’s basically the entire point of the device. Without it it’s just a bigger & faster iPad.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Also I’d consider the pencil an essential purchase… it’s basically the entire point of the device. Without it it’s just a bigger & faster iPad.

Unless it’s being used as a catalogue and needs to be readable yet can replace the numerous boxes that I currently carry. It’ll also be the portable office with emails and CRM connectivity. The pencil might be useful, we’ll see.

jamj1974

Penultimate here too.

DrJ

Mifi works out cheaper and other devices can use it, you still need a sim card.

True – but it is a bit of a pain. I bought one for the reasons you list, but I keep forgetting it, or it runs out of batteries, so I don’t get value for money 🙁

McHamish
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a 9.7 pro with the Logitech backlit keyboard and the pencil. As an upgrade from an Air it is significantly better.

Do you mean the keyboard that covers the back of the iPad too?

I had one of those, but took it off after it marked the iPad screen…the aluminium keyboard has basically rubbed and permanently marked the glass.

I now have the Apple Keyboard which is smaller and lighter.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

What app are we all using for taking notes?

I’m a Notability fan. I haven’t used Penultimate, so can’t compare, but I like Notability because it’s really easy to combine sketching/writing with typing, and you can add photos and record audio (which is synced to your notes) too.

Also, I have it installed on my ipad, iphone and MacBook, and notes automatically sync across devices which is very useful at work – makes it easy to work from notes and copy/paste from or into them at will.

I’ll investigate Penultimate though…

Edit: oh, Penultimate is Evernote-related, is it?. I always find Evernote too complicated. All the things you can do with it seem to conspire against me ever actually using it for anything. Whereas, Notability, I just open, use, and close again, happy.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

… also, on the big or small question …

A useful feature of iOS is split-screen. With the bigger pad, you get 2 useful read/work areas in split-screen mode, whereas, with the smaller pad, I imagine that each work area is quite small.

Depends how you want to use it. But I like it big.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

I’m just about to download Scrivener, too.

Because I have the desktop version, and it is 100,000 times better than Word.

Edit: … or more.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘iPad Pro’ is closed to new replies.