Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Ipad presentation software – MS business contact manager integration?
  • geordiemick00
    Free Member

My boss is exploring the option of issuing me an iPad to do a) presentations ) use it for exchange email c) some sort of CRM.

firstly, how do you do a presentation and get it onto the iPad? iTunes???

secondly, how much use is the exchange email client on the iPad, is the same as the iPhone?

thirdly, we are looking to use business contact manager as a CRM tool, would that work on the ipad too?

thanks in advance

jam-bo

Slideshark if it already written power points.

Keynote if you want to edit/create.

There is a VGA adaptor that works nicely.

Email client is identical other than some layout stuff.

No idea about CRM

Smudger666

We use zoho for crm – cloud based from google. Got a good enough app for iPad/iPhone.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

thanks Guys, gives me enough to go on for now 😆

CaptJon
    Free Member

I don’t know if it has improved, but we had problems with iPad 1s and projectors connected via long cables. The iPad didn’t output the image at high enough power to get from the lectern to the projector in a big lecture theatre. Or so IT reckoned.

bigG
    Free Member

DickBarton

Slideshark is very good, but you upload the powerpoint to the cloud, download to device and then present. Outof all we tried, this is about 99.9% how it should look/work. Keynote change our animation sequences, was very bad.

Good technologies is good for email, calendar but needs the host service installed at server end.

Salesforce.com is available as an app if that is your crm of choice.

jam-bo

I’ve moved most of my presentations to keynote now.

add the keynote remote iphone app and its a great solution.

davidjones15
    Free Member

Who do you guys use for help in presentation writing and giving?

jambalaya
    Free Member

What jam bo says – really neat solution. Aps have clever option where you can see the next slide on phone/iPad so you are “ahead” and reminded what you want to say before slide comes up on main screen

davidjones15
    Free Member

Thanks, but I’m talking more about the content. Making sure that there is good balance between slides and spoken word. I see too many text heavy slides and slide heavy presentations that are boring, something I might be guilty of myself.
    And just wondered if people used a presentation coach. And whether it’s considered a good idea.

feckless
    Free Member

@davidjones15

The company I work for does this all the time. But we’re in New Zealand so may not be that much use to you (unless you’re looking for night shift type response).

f

jam-bo

Thanks, but I’m talking more about the content. Making sure that there is good balance between slides and spoken word. I see too many text heavy slides and slide heavy presentations that are boring, something I might be guilty of myself.
    And just wondered if people used a presentation coach. And whether it’s considered a good idea.

did quite a good course a few years back.

can be summed up as:

tell them what your going to tell them
    tell them it
    tell them what you told them.

heavily bullet pointed slides are my pet hate. especially when presenters then read you the bullet points verbatim. I can read faster than you can talk.

I tend to just use slides with pretty photos/graphs/images as a cue for me to remember what to talk about and for the people who aren’t interested in what I’m saying to look at….

davidjones15
    Free Member

Thanks.
    Personally, I try to make the presentation 100% verbal then add some slides to highlight the more complex or key ideas.
    It still sounds like running the presentation by another person might be a good idea.

colonelwax
    Free Member

There’s loads of tips online but this one seems pretty good to me (please note, it’s not mine, and he’s a librarian but it’s good for all sectors)

PPT/presentation tips

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Ipad presentation software – MS business contact manager integration?’ is closed to new replies.