Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • iPad music stopping mid track. Anyone else had this problem
  • johnj2000
    Free Member

Hi, apologies for the non bike related question but Google isn’t being my friend this evening.

I am listening to music on the iPad via a dock. At least once every other track, sometimes more, the music will stop and I have to go back to the iPad and press the play button to restart. Very annoying if you just want to chill to some music, anyone else found this problem and more importantly found a solution???

fervouredimage
    Free Member

not to the extent that you describe but occasionally with music and quite regularly with downloaded podcasts.

My solution, like the solution to all my iPad problems is turning it off and on again which fixes all its little niggles for a couple of weeks until they start happening again and so on and so forth…

johnj2000
    Free Member

When you say turn it off, I guess you just mean holding the power button until the red off slider comes up? I do this each night so it’s not going to be a solution 🙁

johnj2000
    Free Member

Heeeeeeeeellllppppppppp it’s driving me mad

big_scot_nanny

hold down both the home button and the power button simultaneously until the apple logo appears (maybe 10 seconds). At that point you can release.

Let us know if this fixed it.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Thanks Scot, thought it ight have done the job as I got through 2.5 tracks but then it stopped again. Am going to see if it does the same using phones as opposed to Bluetooth to a sound dock.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Nope, same issue with headphones. This is rediculous, never heard of iPads failing like this, guess I need to send it back under warranty 🙁

CountZero

Strange problem. I’ve had three iPods, and three iPhones, and never come across anything like this. I never use my iPad for playing music, so I don’t know about iPad issues, I’m afraid.

slackalice
    Free Member

I have a similar problem with my iPad, although not as frequent as your experiencing.

All Ive discovered so far is the bluetooth connection to the paired speaker (Creative D80) occasionally drops, so need to go to Settings and reconnect the speaker. It hasn’t been frequent enough for me to become irritated though.

What speaker/s are you pairing with? Maybe there are issues there?

Have you tried the iPad community forum?

johnj2000
    Free Member

Found out now that it isn’t just the Bluetooth speaker it’s headphones as well Alice. I thought it was the bluetooth connection at first but on closer inspection the connection is still there and it just requires me to press play again.
    Off to find a decent iPad forum to vent my spleen.

77ric
    Free Member

Are you using iTunes Match? Or an other streaming music solution?

slackalice
    Free Member

Yes. iTunes match and music from you tube etc. Why?

johnj2000
    Free Member

I’m just playing my downloaded albums, nothing fancy just standard stuff purchased from iTunes.

kimbers

ocasionaly get it on my ipod, song finishes half way through and jumps to next track, doesnt happen with the same song twice

i thought it was a problem with my old ipod but it does it with my new one too

never figured out why

johnj2000
    Free Member

Mine just stops completely though kimbers.
    Just tried it in airplane mode and its run through 9 tracks without stopping, could this be a clue I wonder?

johnhe

This happens quite frequently on my ipad and iPod. I’m pretty sure it’s because the track hasn’t fully downloaded, or I’ve disconnected my iPod before its ready tone disconnected.

I’ve since waited after ejecting the ipod until it is definitely finished sorting itself out before I unplug it. That has totally sorted it out for me.

For the tracks where you’ve had the problem, simply delete them from the device and then re-download them.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Hmmmmm that’s an interesting one. So if this is the case it would mean it happens n the same track each time I guess, I will go and give it a go, thanks.

Drac
    johnj2000
    Free Member

Bit of an update for anyone interested. Spent some time on the phone with a very helpful apple person at the weekend and they took me throu a full system restore, taking the machine back to how it was when new. I then grabbed an album from the Cloud and gave it a try, 30 seconds and it stopped again, gutted.
    So on Monday I am back on to the helpline to report tis and they tell me it’s a hardware fault and the way they fix this is by replacing the iPad at a cost of £206.46p to me. Rather gutted to say the least but looking on the bright side I thought I would take the opportunity to upgrade to a iPad 4 by selling it on eBay as the only thing wrong was the music thing.
    Last night comes along and I think I will have one last shot and got a music app called Planetery and tried running music through that. It works, 2 albums run through without incident. Now is it a hardware issue? Seems like something wrong with the default music app to me.

organic355
    Free Member

Sure it’s not some setting with the sleep function?

johnj2000
    Free Member

Hmmmmm will look at the sleep function but it is happening to randomly for me to think it is that. Anyone know of a way to delete the music app and then upload it again?

xiphon
    Free Member

Which iPad? Latest version of iOS on it?

johnj2000
    Free Member

iPad 2 with the latest iOS 6 upgrade.

Drac

When you say downloaded from the cloud do you mean iTunes or storage space?

johnj2000
    Free Member

You know how everything you have already purchased is retrievable from the cloud? It was the apple peeps suggestion

Drac

Ah from iTunes then.

johnj2000
    Free Member

So my thinking now is that it’s not a hardware fault but not sure how to fx the music app.

Drac

If it was software the restore would have fixed that, the reason I asked if where you’d downloaded from was incase the source was corrupted. As you useed iTunes it’s not that, the file your playing is it the same one your playing in planetary?

johnj2000
    Free Member

Yes, planetary just pulls from the music stored on he iPad.

Drac

So not a corrupted music file, did you try the ideas in the link I posted the other week?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3782138?start=15&tstart=0

johnj2000
    Free Member

Had a look at those but not sure if you can do the fixes on an iPad. Looks like those that were contributing were using laptops to manage iTunes whereas I just manage it from the iPad. Unless I am being a complete div, which s entirely possible, you can’t do the start and end check thing?

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘iPad music stopping mid track. Anyone else had this problem’ is closed to new replies.