Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • iPad keeps dropping wifi – how to stop it happening
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

We have Virgin WiFi which works fine for laptops and phones around the house but the iPad seems to keep dropping the connection. Most noticeable when watching YouTube as the video stops.

Also doesn’t seem to reconnect automatically so I have to go to settings and select the network each time.

Any suggestions on how to stop this?

Cheers

RDL-82
    Free Member

Is the router broadcasting on both 2.4ghz and 5ghz and with the same name? We had all sorts of trouble with althe idevices in the house with our BT hub with that setup.

Although if you’ve updated to ios9 wouldn’t rule that out as my Bluetooth has decided to constantly disconnect since the update so possibly some bugs to iron out yet.

GrahamS

Conversely if you haven’t upgraded to iOS 9 yet then try that as a couple of sites are reporting that it improves wifi stability.

Also is it possible you have more than one device/thing on the same IP address?
    That might explain the dropping and the failure to reconnect.

(I have my router set to hand out a reserved IP address to each device. Makes checking the logs and setting restrictions much easier)

You could also try doing “Forget Network” on the iPad and then reconnecting. That might help flush out any bugs.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    smurfly13
    Free Member

Chap in Apple store once told me thats a common side affect of water damage to an iPad??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘iPad keeps dropping wifi – how to stop it happening’ is closed to new replies.