Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Ipad camera connector – anyone know where i can get one from ?
  • justa
    Free Member

As it says – would like to buy an ipad but really want the camera connector – can't seem to get one anywhere !

cheers

CountZero

Have you tried the Apple Store? They're supposed to have them. I've got something similar from the States for my phone with an app that allows file exchange to and from an SDHC card, but I ordered it before the Apple one was announced, and mine was a bit more expensive, tho' it did come with a 4Gb card.

john_drummer
    Free Member

that's funny, my camera uses an industry-standard USB cable to connect to my industry-standard PC.

Does this mean Apple are going all Proprietary on us?

CountZero

*Sigh* No, they are producing a card reader that goes into the dock port of an iPad or iPhone which takes an SDHC card allowing photographers to copy pics onto the Pad for evaluation or uploading to Flickr or wherever without needing to lug a computer around. Works for other types of files as well, like music, or PDF's, or documents.
    Edit: just had a look, and you can either connect via the USB cable or use the SD card. http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MC531ZM/A
    RAW or jpeg files can be copied.

justa
    Free Member

That's right but the apple store doesn't have them 🙁

john_drummer
    Free Member

a card reader that goes into the dock port of an iPad or iPhone

but doesn't the iPhone take pictures?

I can't help thinking this is an application for its own sake; and how is lugging an iPad around any more convenient than looking a sub-notebook around?

Emperor's new clothes?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

john_drummer – Member

Emperor's new clothes?

No, just new.

john_drummer
    Free Member

ok, I'll defer to the better informed

CountZero

Most subnotebooks are a half-arsed compromise with a piddly little screen and can't handle the file formats properly. There are a lot of photographers using the iPad as reference for clients, who can flick through dozens of photos, easily zoom in and out, without having to use a fiddly trackpad and a keyboard. The iPad's interface is much more intuitive than a laptop, and particularly a notebook or netbook. A laptop can't be rotated for landscape or portrait photos. As an amateur photographer the iPad is by far and away the best solution for displaying large numbers of photos quickly and easily. Yes, the iPhone does take photos, astute of you to notice. The OP was to do with the iPad, not the iPhone, it just happens I have a similar device for copying files on and off my phone when my computer isn't handy, or if someone wants to give me some files without having to email them. Simples.

MrNutt
    Free Member

does the iPad have a SIM slot?

atlaz
    Free Member

A laptop can't be rotated for landscape or portrait photos

Mine can

justa
    Free Member

can anyone help with the original question ?!!

woffle
    Free Member

I'd try going into a physical apple store / iStore / PC World if i were you – they have stock when the online store doesn't. If I go past the nearest PC World to the office tomorrow then I can check there but online prices are so daft at the moment that the chances of finding them in stock via the web is pretty slim…

justa
    Free Member

thanks woffle – i think you are right, went into m local PC World yesterday and they didnt have any..

MrNutt
    Free Member

have you tried phoning your local apple store or apple reseller?

justa
    Free Member

mr nutt – yes tried Sheffield, Leicester and Birmingham Apple stores

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Ipad camera connector – anyone know where i can get one from ?’ is closed to new replies.