Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • iPad book for the over 90s
  • LadyGresley
    Free Member

Yes, that’s right, the over 90s. My mum at 95 has decided she needs to learn how to use her iPad, so needs a book to help her. Bearing in mind she doesn’t even know how to switch it on, wouldn’t know what an “icon” looks like and wouldn’t be able to tell if it needs charging, does anyone know of a very, very simple book?
    I have googled of course, but it doesn’t really help, as you still don’t really know what is actually in the book or how simple it is.
    So, STW fount of all knowledge, someone must have first-hand experience of such a book?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

There was an “iPad for seniors” special edition magazine in WH Smiths. Didn’t look through but I do remember seeing it and thinking it was a bit niche.

z1ppy

TBH I’d get her in on a free apple ipad workshop session if it’s at all possible (live close-ish to a store)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    LadyGresley
    Free Member

I don’t think she’ll want to go to a shop as firstly she doesn’t walk very far now and secondly I suspect the nearest shop would be about 25 miles away from where she lives. I’ll have a look at the one in Smiths, if it’s any good I can post it down to her.

grantway
    Free Member

Can you put an add in a local shop window, The IPad is very much like an IPhone But that’s the simplicity of Apple products, Great purchase for your Mum 🙂

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I can see a few ‘for seniors’ on that giant online bookstore, including the ‘iPad guide for seniors For Dummies’. There is the option to browse the first few pages online before you buy.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘iPad book for the over 90s’ is closed to new replies.