Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • iPad and iPhone WiFi connectivity question
  • lunge

Morning all,

I have an iPad and an iPhone that both share the same iCloud account. They’ve recently started automatically connecting to a WiFi network if the other devise is already in, so if I connect the iPad to a particular network the iPad will connect automatically without me having to do anything. The opposite is also true, if I disconnect 1 device, the other disconnects too.

The challenge I have is that at work I want my iPad connected to the work network as I use it for work purposes but not my phone that’s purely personal. So, any idea how I can keep them separate?

craigxxl
    Free Member

I think it is from your keychain that it remembers passwords and shares them amongst other devices on your account. The work network you probably want to forget and then when you set it up again make sure it doesn’t save to the keychain

Drac

Or just switch the wifi off on your phone when at work.

brassneck

I’ve not seen the shared disconnect – they share details of wifi APs you’ve accessed, via Keychain .. do you mean if you ‘forget’ a hotspot it forgets on the other device too? That would make sense, but it reads like switching off wifi on your ipad switches off wifi on the phone..

Drac has the answer anyway.

GrahamS

You could turn on the “Ask to Join Networks” option on your phone. That would sort it, at the expense of prompting you for other known networks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘iPad and iPhone WiFi connectivity question’ is closed to new replies.