Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • iPad and e-mail attachments
  • Rickos
    Free Member

Got an iPad recently with a view to using it for work as well as at home. It seems that Apple, however, have ‘overlooked’ attachments in e-mails! I can’t attach a document using the normal e-mail thing, which is well annoying! And receiving them and then being able to unattach and save a document also seems to be impossible.

What do you fanbois do?

rocketman
    Free Member

Sounds about right I ever only email images and links 🙂

Can receive pdfs OK they open in the email client with an option (tap & hold) to open them in iBooks or a pdf-compatible app.

I imagine there must be a doc/xls reader app that could do the same thing 😕

I use Cloudreader for cbz and cbr files it has its own local storage and just does its own thing its more of a virus than an app

GrahamS

What sort of doc are you trying to attach?

Try starting from the app that you read/edit the document in.
    e.g. if I’m reading a PDF in iBooks I hit the share button (box with arrow) then choose email.

gonefishin
    Free Member

Hmmm for PDFs and word type documents I save the file to iBooks and to send files I select the file that I want to forward and select the “send it via e-mail”. This only works for one file at a time though.

Rickos
    Free Member

No proper fix then? I realised this flaw when I tried to reply to an e-mail that I needed to attach 3 pdfs to. I wanted to keep the e-mail thread going, but had to send 3 separate new e-mails instead.

I can’t attach any MS Office type files from my Dropbox either – I have to send a link which isn’t as good as sending the document. This is all work stuff really, so not as good as I’d hoped, especially for multiple attachments.

Surely this is a massive oversight from Apple? I’m assuming some entrepreneurial spirit has done an app to solve this, so I’ll have to search for something there.

nealglover
    Free Member

Quick office pro HD works for me.

Although I never tried to attach more than one file.

GrahamS

I’m assuming some entrepreneurial spirit has done an app to solve this, so I’ll have to search for something there.

You could try Group Email!, Mail with Attachments, Photos, vCards and more

sounds like it might do what you want. Works with Dropbox too.

jam-bo

goodreader will do everything you need.

can connect to mail accounts, dropbox, FTP sites, download the files to your ipad and send multiple attachments.

Rickos
    Free Member

Thanks Graham and Jim. Will check those out this weekend.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘iPad and e-mail attachments’ is closed to new replies.