Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • ipad altrernatives
  • oddjob
    Free Member

I am stuck on the living room floor at the moment with herniated discs and expect to be here for another couple of weeks. I am considering ordering myself an ipad to help while away the hours beacuse a laptop is really hard to use lying flat and my iphone is too small.

Are there any viable alternatives? (which probably need to be cheaper to have a look in…)

Sorry if this has been done and I know there are a lot of apple haters around these parts

theflatboy
    Free Member

not of the same function and type – there are quite a few windows-based ones on the way, but you could be in for a long wait! get it ordered, will be something to look forward to. 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

Think there are a few alternatives, you may not enjoy the user interface from what I have read.

I browse on my ipod touch all the time, maybe you need glasses?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Notepad and biro

Jamie
    Free Member

At that size not really. At least I have finally realised who the iPad is aimed at now as it would appear perfect for what you need!

Bottom line is if you get one you will be able to recoup 80% of your money back if you decide to sell it.

geoffj

There a couple of android tablets about. Eken 001, Apad and the Archos 7. All have their faults, but at between 90 ANC 150 gbp, may be worth a punt.

The Huweai (spelling?) S7 to be sold by expansys from the end of July is supposed to be the best alternative, but at £300 is in a different price range .

TBH the cheapest iPad is not looking too badly priced at the moment, but I am a fanboi!

oddjob
    Free Member

Is there any news about when the wetab (formerly wepad) will be available?

BigJohn

toby1

You could just get an ipod touch for small scale browsing – much lighter too as you'll find the weight of the pad a bit too much over long periods I suspect.

clubber
    Free Member

and my iphone is too small

nickjb
    Free Member

What is wrong with a laptop? Works for me lying flat, just sit it on your chest. Typing isn't great but then an iPad wont be either. Might be easier with a plug-in laser mouse

scotia
    Free Member

not sure an ipad will help..

i am in similar situation although i have to be seated with legs flat…i cant get to the floor as i cant get up again!

i dont think people realise its a bit different when off with an injury than when you just lie down normally..nickjb for instance..

also – laptop sat on your chest, you having a laugh?! the heat build up would be lovely! I am guessing the OP is flat on his back, thus why a laptop is tricky..

IanMunro
    Free Member

and my iphone is too small

Sorted.

Waderider
    Free Member

I would of said there are no altrenatives at all.

ourmaninthenorth

The Huweai (spelling?)

Huawei (pronounced wah-way).

HTH 😀

nickjb
    Free Member

laptop sat on your chest, you having a laugh?

No. It works well.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘ipad altrernatives’ is closed to new replies.