Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • ipad air – worth it ? good deals anywhere ?
  • scaredypants

What ^ I said really. Are they great, compared to ordinary ipads and also to top android tabs ? (it’s for my wife though, and she likes her iphone)

Thanks

Daffy

I bought a Mini Retina over the Air as they’re an almost identical spec and I wanted portability. It’s ace, faster than my ipad 3 and substantially lighter. I did consider a Surface 2, which is fabulous to use, but apps/music and games already purchased via I tunes finally swung me to the substantially more expensive ipad.

I bought mine from the States thereby saving about 20%

M.

footflaps

I went to look at the Air in the Apple store and didn’t think it was much smaller than the standard iPad. I upgraded to a mini retina in the end.

joeyj
    Free Member

iPad air here and it it much faster than my wife’s iPad 4 and the sons iPad mini. Really good and I would say the best iPad yet. Cases are at a premium as they are new so not a great choice. I went for the survivor case from John Lewis expensive yes quite heavy yes so negates the weight saving of the air but it is great and would definitely recommend it.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

and I would say the best iPad yet

Really? I’d have thought they got worse as they developed them, personally…. 😉

mrblobby
    Free Member

iPad air is an ordinary ipad, it’s just what they’ve called the latest version. Tempted by one to replace my iPad 2 but a bit narked that I’m feeling pushed into it by iOS 7 being so awfully slow on the old iPad.

matt_outandabout

Ipad mini retina here (freebie) and underwhelmed…

Frankers
    Free Member

matt_outandabout – Member
    Ipad mini retina here (freebie) and underwhelmed…

And as if by magic the Shopkeeper Anti-Apple brigade appeared 😉

grum
    Free Member

Tempted by one to replace my iPad 2 but a bit narked that I’m feeling pushed into it by iOS 7 being so awfully slow on the old iPad.

My iPad 2 works fine with iOS7. I wouldn’t say it’s mega snappy but it’s nowhere near ‘awfully slow’.

Looked at the new ones in the shop and the mini retina one does look quite tempting.

And as if by magic the Shopkeeper Anti-Apple brigade appeared

mikewsmith will be along in 5….4….3….2….1…………

jambalaya
    Free Member

iPad – revolutionary device, yes the Air is absolutely worth it. Very few deals (if any) best way to get one cheap is to buy it in the US, about 40% cheaper mail order or via a deal at somewhere like BestBuy. I think 32gb is a decent size, you cannot add memory later and 32 allows good amount of movies, music, photos, documents etc. if you do get a Mini get retina, no point buying older technology processor in cheaper one. As an additional thought if you have a tv with hdmi an Apple TV (£100) can change the way you watch content, eg bbc iPlayer catch up from iPhone (or pad) onto tv, rented content from netflix or itunes, midweek mini movies look great too

I have an original iPad 1 and use it every day, after getting it I got rid of my laptop and kept iPad and desktop computer. I do chuckle about portability argument of the Mini vs Air, my Pad1 is a relative “brick” vs current iPads and I can hold it effortlessly, I mean come on it weights nothing ! The Mini fits more conveniently into a large coat pocket or a ladies handbag (so perhaps good for the wife) I admit but I prefer larger screen of full size. I have not upgraded as each model has come out as I’ve not seen the point but the new Air is a big step forward so will be upgrading on my next trip to the US.

As for android if your wife likes her iPhone stick with Apple, the more devices you get the happier you’ll be as its the “working together” element which is a big strength.

xiphon
    Free Member

If she has an iPhone already, she’ll appreciate the simplicity and integration with it.

strackbaz
    Free Member

My missus bought the 32gb Air from John Lewis in Jan. It was from the returned model/unwanted gift section. She paid £75 less than RRP and they did a 3 yr warranty FOC. If check them out as they’ll also price match against a lot of other shops/suppliers.

She loves the Air and won’t let me play with it 🙁

CaptainSlow

The Air is their best ipad in a long time. After the 1 and 2 they got a bit big. They’re now the size the should be. Recommend paying through the nose for the apple leather smart case. Covers front and back, easy to get on and off and doesn’t add to the bulk.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘ipad air – worth it ? good deals anywhere ?’ is closed to new replies.