Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • iPad Air – worth getting now and best price?
  • andyl
    Free Member

OH fancies an iPad and her birthday is coming up. Checked costco online as they are a bit cheaper (same as the apple education price) but not checked in store yet.

Have seen a few cheaper places online but wary of how legit they are and also wondering if we should wait for the ipad 2 which knowing my luck will come out the day after her birthday.

Model wise I was thinking the 32gb wifi only but is that too small?

allthegear
    Free Member

Expect a new iPad sometime around middle of September. It will be ‘better’ but in what way?

Rachel

wobbliscott
    Free Member

The iPad air is a nice bit of kit. I’ve got an iPad2 and so is a good few years old now and only just starting to show its age so is due an upgrade to an Air. 32GB is more than enough I think – it has been for me. Personally I use the iPad far more than a computer. They’re so convenient.

Not sure when the next iPad is due out but to be honest given how long my iPad 2 has lasted the slight improvement in spec is not worth waiting for – As we’ve come to expect with Apple, it’s small evolutionary steps rather than large steps, so no vast improvement from model to model.

jambalaya
    Free Member

The Air is fantastic and the first upgrade I was thinking of for my iPad 1. I am going to wait till the Air2 probably closer to Nov than Sep I expect though. I expect the Air2 will be a fairly small step forward, eg better processor (you possibly wi t notice) and finger print recognition. Depends if you want to wait.

footflaps

I thought the iPad Air was very un-air like, i.e. not that much smaller than the original. Went for a mini instead, which I much prefer.

andyl
    Free Member

This is going to be a laptop replacement so needs the larger screen.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@andy in my experience the iPad replaced my laptop, I just stopped using it as the iPad so so much more convenient. You do need one “normal” computer to act as a base station and to manage the things an iPad isn’t so good at, eg creating larger documents managing a large file and media library etc

sharkbait
    Free Member

This may not help but in our family we have two iPads and a couple of Mac desktops.
    Since getting a Chromebook last Christmas I haven’t touched an iPad as the Chromebook is better in pretty much every way.

Told you it wouldn’t be helpful!

p.s. I do know that Costco customer service is excellent though and if possible I always buy electricals from them.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘iPad Air – worth getting now and best price?’ is closed to new replies.