Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • IPad Air 2 or Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5?
  • dmorts

In the market for a tablet and looking at the iPad Air 2 and the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5. Currently £50 in price between them (iPad in 16GB spec). I have a Sony Android phone and have used the Samsung Tab S 10.5, while functional it just felt like a big version of my phone. However it would do the job and the memory is upgradable, unlike the iPad.

Regarding the iPad, I think that the apps might be better, but have no real experience of them. I’d probably want to get the 64GB version, which puts the price a fair bit above the Samsung. You could say that to get the Samsung to 64GB would narrow the price gap. However with the Samsung I wouldn’t have to upgrade the memory straight away, just when needed.

So head says Samsung, heart is possibly saying iPad. Help me decide!

seadog101

My iPads lack of a slot for an SD card really annoys me. It’s a great piece of kit in all other respects apart from price.

dmorts

Yeah, you have to buy the memory up front, which I too find annoying!

GolfChick
    Free Member

I think personally you’re either in one camp or the other, I’ve had many a discussion over why I went from iphone to android and then reverted back again and how android is better. Yes the android is always going to be more customisable, apple wont let you change what they control, simple as that so everyone should stop harping on about it. For that reason you’ll get some apps on android that you wont get on apple as they’re too restrictive otherwise. However, on the flip side of that the mass market of apple means that more apps are made for them as more people use them it also means there are a million more cases and accessories available as ios is apple only whereas android can be installed on sony, samsung etc which means dilution of whats available. Phone bike mounts for example were a minefield of finding what would fit when I had android but now I’m iPhone its as simple as can be and the cases available are mind blowing. I personally own an iPhone and iPad and a macbook so for the me the interaction between all of those is phenomenal and when i had android it just wasn’t quite as good with a lot of work around solutions for what was easy before.

Personal opinion by the sounds of it you should go for the samsung.

jambalaya
    Free Member

16GB isn’t enough memory IMHO (I had an iPad1 64 and now have an Air 2 64)

As you have a Android phone and if price is an important factor then get the Galaxy, I am 100% Apple so would only consider the iPad which IMHO is the market leader for a very good reason, its the best device and has the best apps.

GolfChick
    Free Member

My iPad air and iPhone 6 are both 16GB and I never fill them, mostly with the use of icloud and spotify instead of filling up the devices.

jambalaya
    Free Member

GolfChick – I tend to use the iPad differently to my phone (also 64 but would have bought 32 had that been available), eg iPad has all my music and quite a few movies/bbc downloads etc which I watch on planes. iPad also has a lot of work documents on, large PDFs, presentations etc

donks
    Free Member

It really depends what you want the device for??
    I bought a Samsung s 8.4 as all I really do is watch media on a tablet and unsurprisingly the Samsung allows access to media sites that Apple dont, plus the screen is lovely. If you use it for other purposes then Apple do tend to be a bit less clunky.

dmorts

It will be used for browsing, checking email and replying, Skype video calls, watching iPlayer, 4OD, Netflix, NOW TV, Blinkbox

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘IPad Air 2 or Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5?’ is closed to new replies.