Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Ipad 2 v new ipad (3)
  • franksinatra

What is the difference other than the retina display? Is it worth the extra money?

Edit, changes title, got my ipad models mixed up

Drac

Might be helpful

iPad 4 what's different

ross980
    Free Member

3 and 4 have the same display I think. 4 has faster faster chip (A6 vs A5x whatever that means) and the new connector that makes all previous docks obsolete (assume you have to buy an adaptor).
    I think that sums it up. Looking at getting a tablet myself but trying to work out if an iPad 4 is worth the extra over the new Nexus 10…

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’ve just bought an iPad 4 (or whatever Apple are calling it) and am very impressed so far. I’m using it for general browsing etc. I was all set to buy a 2 until I tried a 3, and then waited a couple of weeks for the 4 to arrive.

I thought the retina screen was worth the extra cash, although some think that it was worth buying one with the biggest memory you can afford as apps get bigger to take advantage of the screen.

zippykona

We have a 2 &3 and picture wise side by side there’s not a huge difference.

Bez

From 2 to 3 the big difference is the Retina display, but there’s also a better back-facing camera. 3 to 4 is a CPU/GPU enhancement and the Lightning connector, plus a better front-facing camera.

The Retina display is a massive benefit if you do much reading (web, books, whatever) but perhaps less so if you’re just gaming or looking at pictures or watching video. But it’s certainly nice to have whatever you’re doing.

The 3 is cropping up occasionally at HMV and Apple refurbs at great prices if you’re willing to keep a close eye on when stock is in. If you’re buying new at Apple RRP then I’d definitely go for the 4 over the 2. I’ve traded my 3 in for the 4 and I’m hoping that’s going to fix the slight lag in drawing apps that the 3 had.

ross980
    Free Member

I had a look at a 2 and a 4 in a shop recently. I looked at the connector and thought the 2 was a 3 until I saw the 4 (if that makes sense – I mean the 2’s display was impressive). Doesn’t stop me wanting a 4 though…

breadcrumb

We have a 2 &3 and picture wise side by side there’s not a huge difference.

I thought this too when I compared them. Went for the iPad 2 in the end.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Ipad 2 v new ipad (3)’ is closed to new replies.