Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • IP webcam recommendations?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Our spaniel is having pups at Xmas and as she’s going to be in my office, which is not connected to the house, I want to put a webcam in there to keep an eye on her/pups.
    Any recommendations for an IP cam?

stumpy01

I bought one of these to put in our daughter’s bedroom.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01DU9PQ8S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My Wife kept jumping up & wanting to see what she was up to every time she stirred in her cot.
    We have hooked it up to our phones & tablets using the snappily titled IP Cam Viewer, because the app that is available with it wasn’t all that great (although it did make setting it up very easy.

The IR LED range isn’t huge, but it’s fine for our needs. Quality isn’t amazing, but again it is fine for the job it’s doing.

There’s tons of these kind of cameras on Amazon – not sure if there’s that much difference between them.

Another option would be a video baby monitor….

simon_g

We have a Foscam one for extra baby monitoring duties, works pretty well including IR at night and control of the pan/tilt/zoom. Came with a wall bracket so you could mount it up high and be able to see all of the room.

Just watch out for fakes, there’s plenty about on ebay and amazon marketplace.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘IP webcam recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.