Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • IP CCTV Systems
  • Ewan
    Free Member

Following on my broken windows thread, I figure I might use it as an excuse to stick a CCTV security system up. My plan is basically to stick a couple of IPTV cameras up with IR sensors and potentially a brighter IR flood if the little lights on the cameras aren’t up to it.

Anyone done anything like this? Are the cameras on Deal Extreme any good? Anything to be aware of…?

elzorillo
    Free Member

Personally I’d save the hassle from buying a lot of the crap/custom jobs on ebay etc.. You can get a very good 4camera system from Maplin for not much more than £200 these days. and with actual real backup should you have problems.

Ewan
    Free Member

I thought the maplin ones (swann?) were roundly panned by everyone? I’ve done a bit of googling and the questions about the swann systems are normally followed by “should be avoided at all costs”.

Edit: Have you got experience of the above then? I’m not looking for the ultimate solution so if it’s ‘good enough’…

davidjones15
    Free Member

I’d look at the prevention route myself, and I don’t see CCTV as being suitable.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘IP CCTV Systems’ is closed to new replies.