Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • IP Address question – CC Fraud?
  • rottwieler
    Free Member

I have 2 orders both around £1000 for Garmin watches.

they have padded AVS checks with card company but that still does not cover us if we send and it fraud. Have sent both address letters but had no reply to the letters and both billing & delivery address are the same. Neither customer can be found in 192.com so can not contact that way, both have free email address which is pretty common now anyway.

The question i have is about the IP addresses that were captured at the time of order both run on the same GPRS network, orders were placed with a 3 day window between them.

order 1 IP address – 213.205.194.202

order 2 IP address – 213.205.194.44

1 order is HA6 postcode the other GU21

Can some one tell me if this is the same device being used for both orders, completely different Names & Addresses.

BTW the banks wont do anything until the Card Holder reports fraud up till then they are not bothered even though we suspect that it is.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

You won’t be able to identify whether that is the same machine unless:

A) You’re the police

B) You have a warrant

But it smells of fraud.

woody2000

The IP address tells you nothing about the device itself, but those addresses are very likely to be from the same network provider (looks like EE in this case). You’d need the MAC address to be able to tell if it was the same device, and that will not be available (and even that’s not a guarantee sadly).

Gowrie
    Free Member

Whois tells us they are both Orange/EE IPs – so transaction done on/via a mobile or two?

rottwieler
    Free Member

they are not interested either unless the card holder reports it until then nothing will be done

rottwieler
    Free Member

yes they were using the orange mobile network but neither came through as a mobile order so maybe using as a hotspot on both orders?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

If you are really worried then cancel the orders? If the customer really wants the watches, they’ll contact you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘IP Address question – CC Fraud?’ is closed to new replies.