Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • IOS7, Iphone & strava.
  • LoCo
    Free Member

Just uploaded onto the phone, strava’d route on my commute and it only seems to have recorded about half the ride segments, although has recored the whole route.
    Has anybody else had issues with this?

jfletch
    Free Member

Works fine for me.

Can you see all of your route if you log in via the web? What about the segments.

The iOS app for Strava hasn’t changed due to iOS7. If the GPS track has logged correctly then its unlikely to be anything to do with the phone.

the-muffin-man

Fine for me.

LoCo
    Free Member

Yes can see all of the route, just hasn’t picked up the second half of the rides segments, was all of tracks so wouldn’t have missed the starts and ends of them.

jfletch
    Free Member

What can you see on the web version of Strava

LoCo
    Free Member

Full ride, and just 3 segments listed from first half of ride, missing about 6 from last half of ride.

Possible segments have been flagged, but unlikely all have been, logged out on phone and computer to see if it all resets and updates, as max speed was way out 50mph plus ( only hit about 35 usually)

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

Just sounds like it’s tracked badly that ride, were you carrying it somewhere different than normal?

LoCo
    Free Member

Kind of and weather was rubbish too so maybe that affected the signal, will see how it works next ride out

chiefgrooveguru

Wet and windy woods are really bad for accurate GPS tracking…

theredchili
    Free Member

Well my stravas stopped working on my phone , GPS drops out and doesn’t reconnect, riding in places I’ve used it many times without issue.

Very annoying

kendo954
    Free Member

settings – general – bckground app refresh – make sure its on (green) for strava.

Mine was set already but a read on another forum a lot had to be switched on to get the app running properly..

hope that helps

theredchili
    Free Member

Thanks , hasn’t made a differance, GPS signal drops out and won’t reconnect. It’s worked perfectly all year too.

jam-bo

Have you got GPRS/3G switched off? I did that once to save battery on a long ride but when it lost GPS it wouldn’t re-acquire it.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Have you turned off the ‘app refresh in the back ground thingy’ ? As if you lock the phone the app won’t work afaik

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘IOS7, Iphone & strava.’ is closed to new replies.