Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • iOS 7 crashing apps?
  • ski
    Free Member

Anyone else having problems with apps crashing out on ios7?

Safari, Facebook iTunes all fallen over for me?

Nearly forgot, using a 4s?

Drac

Nope of anything I find them more stable. 5

wagenwheel

Youtube crashes on mine, but only when when using Airplay to apple Tv. On iPhone 5.

GrahamS

Yeah I’ve seen a few more crashes (4s here too)
    Bound to happen really given all the changes to the OS.

There are a LOT of patches coming out for apps at the moment to make them work properly with iOS 7, so if you haven’t already then make sure you have the latest version of any app that is crashing on you.

You can set the App Store to download app updates automatically:
    Settings->iTunes & App Store->Updates ON

fisha
    Free Member

Also a good reset after the upgrade made a difference for me and the stability of apps

CountZero

I’m using the auto-update, which is great, I don’t have to do anything at all; trouble is, it’s almost impossible to know if an app has actually updated. 😕
    Still, useful facility.
    I have noticed a couple of apps behaving a little oddly; Fb was having problems with the ‘magnifying glass’ when amending text prior to posting, and Shazam has been doing some odd things, like saying it has an audio issue, but after trying again, the first attempt is listed, and it does a weird flickering thing sometimes, as well.
    Still, most apps seem to be playing nicely with the new OS, and with such a radical overhaul, it’s hardly surprising things break, occasionally. ‘Twas always thus… 😀

GrahamS

it’s almost impossible to know if an app has actually updated.

Just go into App Store -> Updates as usual and it has a date-ordered list of all the apps it has updated recently so you can still read the release notes etc.

mrmo
    Free Member

no issues at all, and none since beta 3

toppers3933
    Free Member

facebook crashes regularly, to the point where i might do a reinstall. i also have an issue with emails not deleting. as in when i swipe accross the screen nothing happens. which is also quite annoying. iPhone 5.

jam-bo

Swipe left not right

prawny

Yeah I’ve had a few, mainly browsers but I’ve had the only game I ever play run painfully slow and I resorted to rebooting today. Seems better now.

toppers3933
    Free Member

i know how to do it. it just doesnt do it. well sometimes it does, other times it doesnt. ive even asked my wife to try it for me and its the same for her. its not the end of the world, just a bit annoying.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It’s trashed the Apple Remote app on my iPad and also iMessage on my iphone 5. A restore from backup sorted the phone but not the iPad.

jambalaya
    Free Member

4S here, most apps seem ok, no problems with fb, safari etc. some issues with gmail app notifications but apple mail app works perfectly. Some less comon aps have been crashing (like stade francais rugby) but those are mostly rubbish and rarely updated and i took the opporuntity to delete them. Many aps have been updated it would be worth checking for updates manually.

jam-bo

Anyone else have ghost apps?

No longer available in the App Store so can’t download but just a greyed out icon? Apparently cant delete them either until you’ve downloaded them.

CountZero

Remote is working fine on the phone and pad, and Shazam seems to be better now.
    Thanks for the tip about checking updates, Graham, I’ll have a look at mine, just to see what’s updated lately.
    I’ve had a notification about an iOS 7 update, which fixes the lock screen bug, so I’ve just downloaded that.
    With so many apps around, it’s hardly surprising that issues show up, it’s been the case as long as computers have been around; I can clearly remember quite serious problems with the likes of Quark, Illustrator and Photoshop, but especially Quark, where all sorts of functions were affected every time there was an OS upgrade, particularly printer drivers, just because they were so slow at testing the app on the new OS.
    Shit, as they say, happens. 😀

Houns

Gmail buggered here that’s after the 7.0.2 update on iPad

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘iOS 7 crashing apps?’ is closed to new replies.