Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • iOS 6 Facebook contacts debacle…
  • mboy
    Free Member

PLEASE HELP!

The google machine hasn’t yielded any success so far… But I now have all 500 or so facebook friends imported into the contacts in my iPhone, as well as the 120 that were in there before (and most of those 120 are now duplicates cos they’re on Facebook too), and I can’t work out how to make it go away!!!

I spent half a day dealing with contact duplication due to errors in syncing the other week (may have been my fault, I don’t know) but I REALLY do not want 626 contacts in my iPhone, with 120 or so of them being duplicates!

Anyone?

mboy
    Free Member

Ignore me!

Now sorted…

VERY unimpressed with iOS 6 so far though, seems it hasn’t been beta tested for long enough…

Frankers
    Free Member

You can decide whether or not to have FB contacts in your address book with IOS6, why is that a problem ??

mboy
    Free Member

You can decide

I didn’t realise it was a decision… They were kind of automatically there for me when I set the phone up (or maybe I clicked something I didn’t read properly), but I wanted to make them go away again VERY quickly and couldn’t work out how to.

All done now though.

DickBarton

All done now though.

You destroyed the device and got something that had more flexibility and easy choices??? (Nokia 3310!!!)

Drac

I know you’re sorted but in contacts settings just untick Facebook.

GrahamS

It shouldn’t duplicate – for existing contacts it should just add their details from Facebook to the existing contact (worked fine for me, but I don’t have 500 “friends”).

Can’t you just turn it off in Settings->Facebook

CountZero

It asked me, when I set mine up, if I wanted my Facebook friends incorporated into my contacts list. I said no. No problem. It couldn’t have done it unless you’d given it permission.

Drac

Duplicated them for me and yes it asks, I tried it but makes such a mess of contact lists I switched it off in contacts-> groups.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘iOS 6 Facebook contacts debacle…’ is closed to new replies.