Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 177 total)
  • IOS 11
  • Kryton57

@Kryton

I’m running iOS 11 and MFP seems to work ok.

Useful to know,. thanks.

prawny

I’ve had to turn the animations off it was messing with my eyes 😕

Seemed slow at first but ok now, will keep an eye on the battery, I reckon this will probably the last update I do on this phone (iphone 6)

Going to have a proper play at lunch time, see if the file thing is as useless as I suspect.

gonefishin
    Free Member

Noooooooo. The Elements is an app that won’t be supported!!! The rest of them I’m a bit meh about but not that one.

lunge

A couple of games and a geocache app are the only ones that don’t work for me. No issue deleting any of them.

Will likely wait until 11.01 is released that removes the first bugs, that’ll presumably be out by what, tomorrow?!

jambalaya
    Free Member

If the developers that made MyFitnessPal haven’t been bothered to update it that’s pretty terrible. It quite widely used why would they not maintain it ?

MSP

The only app I have that doesn’t work is peaks, a nice little augmented reality app that identifies mountains when you point the camera at them. It does look like there is an alternative though called peakfinder (which I do have to pay for), just hope its as good.

GrahamS

MSP: ViewRanger does that too these days: http://www.viewranger.com/en-gb/skyline

nickhit3
    Free Member

here’s a fun game: see if you can find the new emoji’s touted as part of ios11, there’s even 56 of them. cant be that hard right?

Oh and the siri translate function? try that? oops nope, you cant “i cant translate British English yet” is the reply. Good Job Apple!

deviant
    Free Member

Cheers re. the Bluetooth advice, despite being switched off in the control bar it was still running in Settings…brilliant Apple, well done.

On a positive note it was clunky and slow initially but seems slick and fast again now.

Battery use has ceased it’s freefall now and only dropped 2% in the last hour.

mmannerr

Bluetooth works as described in this doc:
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208086

It just disconnects connected BT devices and leaves BT still on. Which is bit too smart way to do things IMO.

Option for sharing Wifi key to people in your contacts caused internet rage when Windows Mobile had it, now it is nice new feature?

bikebouy
    Free Member

So, the only issues are some rather shitty apps no longer work ?

JobSteveJobbed then… 😀

peteimpreza

Upgrades an iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Pro 10.5″ and an original Apple Watch last night.

All Apps working as expected.

No change to battery drain on any device.

iPad is actually running faster than on iOS 10.

GrahamS

So, the only issues are some rather shitty apps no longer work ?

That Bluetooth operation is a bit.. odd.

Quite a few comments floating around about the new Files app not working properly with DropBox and being a bit buggy and/or non-intuitive.

prawny

I’ve just discovered you can easily shuffle all songs by a single artist now. That’s a big improvement.

Now to check if you can play all albums in order…

Edit – yes! I am happy

bikebouy
    Free Member

Just updating my iPhone, iPad next..

I use Bluetooth a lot, hope that’s working ok by now..

jambalaya
    Free Member

Bit annoying that iPad and iPhone is a bit different, would have liked the iPad style taskbar on the phone too

What is the best free calculator on the iPad, the one I was using was obviously 32bit and its now broken.

footflaps

Our IT has informed us that

Due to an incompatibility in the new release of iOS, users of the built-in Apple Mail app in iOS 11 may be unable to sync their Office 365 mailbox or login to their accounts. iOS 9 or 10 users are not affected.

onandon
    Free Member

Ffs they’ve totally screwed the podcast interface. Complete shite

GrahamS

Yeah we had a very similar warning a few weeks ago fotflaps:

Please do NOT upgrade to iOS 11
    We have been part of Apple’s beta program, as such found some issues.
    Once again, do not upgrade as there are issues with the built in mail application.
    You will not be able to reply, nor forward an email.
    We are aware and working on a resolution, but unfortunately we do not have an ETA.
    We will let you know once it is safe to upgrade, in the meantime please refrain.

jam-bo

does it mistake 150 for -14 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

Looks fine to me..

Don’t understand why mails been called out, I’ve just forwarded and received mails from work..
    Working fine.

Ahh.. unless you have various security protocols to run through… my lot have done there’s so hopefully stable enough.. we shall see soon enough ..

Well into the AR gifs for mails !! these will be used quite a lot by the BouyHold..

budgierider67

The new scanning feature sounds good on the Notes app but I don’t seem to have it on my iPhone 6s as I get no plus symbol above the keyboard :-/

bikebouy
    Free Member

Peasy, to scannin notes just create a new note and a pop up menu comes up with a + within a circle…. then a menu asking you what do you want to do and scan is there..

Jamie
    Free Member

but I don’t seem to have it on my iPhone 6s as I get no plus symbol above the keyboard

I have it on my SE, so should be on the 6S.

If the toolbar is not above the keyboard, clicking the + in the circle should make it appear. Should work on new and existing notes.

Reboot device if still nothing.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@jam bo 🙂

Mail app works fine with gmail, there does seem to be an issue with some Microsoft accounts

budgierider67

Ok cheers sorted. The new functionality only seems to work if you set the notes to sync with iCloud rather than your mail account.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m liking the keyboard on my iPad, filled with all sorts of useful stuff which saves side scrolling through to get numbers n stuff..

Here’s hoping ABP gets updated, I seem to have an advert on this page 😕

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Just upgraded. Work Office 365 looks to be working OK (I can forward and reply) and I have all the new goodies on the Notes app referred to above. I’m on an iPhone 6.

Files app is underwhelming, but probably because I already had the (old) iCloud app that did a very similar thing.

What other stuff should I be getting excited about? 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Emojis..

The gif ones are hilariously hilarity …

But ya can’t insert them in here……

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Mini PSA: crappy iOS 11 “feature”

Since upgrading to iOS 11 I can’t Airplay to my Airport Express (hooked up to some speakers via 3.5mm jack). This is a big hairy PITA. What little I can find on the internet suggest AirPlay 2 is not supported in Apple hardware like the Airport Express. Hope I’m wrong.
    👿

Houns

Still no infinity symbol

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Copy this: ?

Go to Settng > General > Keyboard > Text Replacement and press the +

Paste your ? into the phrase box and type a suitable phrase into the shortcut box. I use inf, so whenever I type inf it autocorrects to ?

blader1611
    Free Member

I have checked my applications in settings but its not an option i can select, does that mean i dont have any apps that run on 32-bit?

jambalaya
    Free Member

@still that woul be a PITA indeed

@Three that’s a cool trick

Turns out Inhad a second calculator app loaded on the iPad which I had forgotten about 😳

Unloaded app feature to recover storage is a nice add, saves your data but deletes the app which can be downloaded again when you rub low on storage it finds the apps you are not using

v8ninety

Anyone updated a 5s with this iOS? Good, bad or indifferent idea? It’s there if I want it, pleasingly it’s not trying to push it on me like it does sometimes, but I have no idea if I do want it…

And it’s not like you can undo it, if it buggers the phone up.

GrahamS

I have checked my applications in settings but its not an option i can select, does that mean i dont have any apps that run on 32-bit?

Don’t know – are you on iOS 10.3.3? I think that’s when they introduced it.

rogermoore

@v8ninety – did mine last night, nothing bad happened. Will post up if it does.
    RM.

Rio

Anyone updated a 5s with this iOS?

Yes, done Mrs R’s one. Performance seems to be pretty much the same as before. She doesn’t use it for much other than phone & messaging so can’t comment on how well the new features work but I can see no reason not to upgrade.

cat69uk
    Free Member

5s upgraded, all works fine, not noticed any additional battery usage.

nickhit3
    Free Member

Emojis..

The gif ones are hilariously hilarity …

But ya can’t insert them in here……

where are you seeing them? cant find them..

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 177 total)

The topic ‘IOS 11’ is closed to new replies.