Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • iOS 11 and Garmin Connect Bluetooth issues?
  • krixmeister

Since upgrading to iOS 11 (I know, I know – never upgrade till a few fix releases come out) my Garmin 810 won’t sync to my iPhone via the Garmin Connect app and Bluetooth. I’ve tried forgetting the paired devices on the phone and the Garmin, and I don’t think it’s a Garmin Connect issue (surprisingly!) since the phone simply won’t see the Garmin, in normal iOS Bluetooth settings.

Before I go down the rabbit hole of the Garmin forums, wondering if anyone here has experienced this issue since upgrading to iOS 11?

stevious

This used to happen to me sometimes irrespective of new OS or firmware. The unit just wouldn’t pair sometimes. I fixed it with a factory reset (and then ultimately with a Wahoo unit instead).

nemesis
    Free Member

No though it doesn’t seem to automatically connect like it used to.

pnik

Funny i’ve been having a bluetooth problem with Garmin since going to Android Oreo! It tried to launch the troubleshooting dialogue today because it couldn’t connect to my 810, which was 50 miles away.

jam-bo

It’s shit. My garmin 235 has been proper hit and miss since iOS 11.

igm

Garmin 820 and iOS11 fine here.

jam-bo

Just reset my phone and it seems to have kicked the sync/notifications into life again

Superficial
    Free Member

Nope, in fact ios11 is the first upgrade where I haven’t had any Bluetooth issues with Garmin (510).

The Garmin Bluetooth really is awful.

Paulio
    Free Member

FR230 wouldn’t connect at all for me on 11.0.0. It would after updating to 11.0.1, but a bit flakey and would lose connection every now and again but always fine when the app was open. Just updated to 11.0.2 so hopefully all fixed now.

robvalentine

IOS11 and edge 520 here. same issue as on iOS10, I have to open the app on my iPhone for it to connect… background services enabled…

johnikgriff
    Free Member

My Fenix watch is also better now on iOS 11

Kato

My 520 is fine but my Fenix 5 sometimes requires me to turn the phone off and on to get it to connect

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Same with my FR235 and iOS11. Have to try and connect it via the watch or the app. Pain in the….

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘iOS 11 and Garmin Connect Bluetooth issues?’ is closed to new replies.