Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • ION K_Pact knee pads
  • duir
    Free Member

Heard the latest zipped version is not so good so looking at the AW17 or SS17. Not sure what the difference is but would be interested to hear opinions on either. Fit? Comfort? Protection? Durability?

Sure I saw a knee pad thred about these recently but does not appear in the search function?

Northwind

I got some SS17s, to me the sizing is way off, I’m a medium in pretty much every other brand but I can barely even get these on never mind ride in them. They seemed good otherwise but I got fed up mucking about and tracked down some other options that I already knew would fit.

duir
    Free Member

Hmm interesting as I am usually a large and recently tried the race face ambush pads which look great only to find that even the XL cut off all my circulation and had some seriously weird straps!

Was hoping the IONs would fit the bill.

Northwind

I think I probably just needed to go up a size tbh but I couldn’t be bothered

switchback
    Free Member

Have had a set of these for a few months now pretty impressed so far really well made a definite upgrade on the launch pro’s they replaced – didn’t bother with the zip version couldn’t see the point never take pads off during a ride and just something that could fail

Like SAS-TEC knee pads which are a kind of hard memory foam that shapes to you knee as they warm-up

Really Comfy and no rubbing from the get go have done up to 40km rides in them – been in the washing machine a couple of time a week no real signs of wear & tear

Size wise followed the sizes chart got large set (usually i’m medium every thing else)

Only thing have noticed is do get a bit of knee sweat

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Great pads but deffo size up. I’m always a medium but needed a large. Got mine for Kuston Cycles eBay store who seems to usually have them in stock.

Wore them 8 hours a day for 6 days in the Alps this summer and didn’t get any chafing and the protection is great as had a few heavy offs that they just shrugged off.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ION K_Pact knee pads’ is closed to new replies.