Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • IoM e2e weirdness
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

I just got my finishing certificate in the post.

Bit odd, as I didn’t go, and I was unable to sell my entry. Given the no. of others trying to sell, it struck me as odd when I read there were 1689 racers, when I understood entries were limited to 1700.

WTF?

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Obviously some mistake . Did you get a finishing time and a corresponding gold , silver or bronze award ?

devs
    Free Member

Well if you got one I want one too! :mrgreen:

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yes, Neil, I did. 62nd place.

You are an organiser, yes? Can you explain the entries?

jota180
    Free Member

I guess someone or something misread a race number as it came through the finish, the poor sod that did finish 62nd just got a ‘We missed you’ card through the door 🙂

Happened to me twice in a local 10K race, my first ever race and I managed 41:20 by my watch and ended up getting credited with an hour and a half or something, the next year I did it a tad quicker and got given 31 minutes 😕

boltonjon

Damn it Cynic-al – i busted a gut and missed out on a gold medal but you managed it without leaving the house!! 😀

I’ll try that tactic next year!

ojom
    Free Member

Probably cause you are ace.

(p.s. wife said you were up for dins soon? – w/c 1st Oct ok? busy until then)

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Got mine today and very happy they moved the goal posts because of the longer course and weather conditions 4hr’s 10mins now equals GOLD

3 Golds in 3 events means that I can now retire from the event a happy man

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yes ta TBC – I’m away that week though.

ojom
    Free Member

ok. Week after.

i’ll SMSSISLOL you

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘IoM e2e weirdness’ is closed to new replies.