Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Invisible motor ebike
  • hooli

Cheating aside, that is some pretty clever engineering.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

When I am too old to pedal myself far enough, one of these is in my future. Way lighter to fit one of these compared to a 50lb e-bike.

jekkyl

brilliants stuff. I can see a time not far off when all bikes are fitted with small motors as standard. People are lazy and scared of exercise.

zilog6128

yep; most bikes will have motors and only povvos or nutters who actually enjoy exercise will have a bike without one.

This will be a really good thing though as it might actually bring about the critical mass of cyclists on the roads that we need to make them safer.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

brilliants stuff. I can see a time not far off when all bikes are fitted with small motors as standard. People are lazy and scared of exercise.

+1

I reckon we’ll see more and more e-bikes, untill actualy doing all the work yourself becomes a bit like singlespeeding. A niche for people who like a challenge.

Anyone who rides SS will be used to the “is it hard”, “phwoarrrrr, you’re mental”, “nice thighs” comments.

£300 or whatever it costs on a motor and battery is going to be a much bigger performance increace than say £300 on XTR Vs XT.

Wouldn’t be the end of the world, some days I like going out for a 20 mile blast on singletrack. Other days I suffer round 40 miles of the Peak or Lake district. Why not make that 60, more views, more decents, longer day out, what’s not to like?

I’d never buy one of those big 400W Bosch motors and 3 hour battery, but a 100w motor to suplement pedal power for an hour would be enough to make previously difficult climbs rideable, especialy towards the end of a long day. Or take the sting out of getting dropped at the end of a club run.

I do object to people riding them round Swinley (unless they’ve just had a heart attack), if you can’t manage 15 miles then your problem isn’t a lack of elctrical power.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

That and [mansplaining sexist hat and flameproof suit on] it may get women into cycling. At the moment to join in on a group ride a woman has to be proportionaly a lot fitter than the blokes simply because Testosterone etc means blokes get fitter and faster with less effort. Ditto getting your wife/girlfriend to come out on a bike ride.

andyl
    Free Member

Wasnt this news about 5 years ago?

reedspeed
    Free Member

its the future !

taxi25
    Free Member

Thisisnotaspoon. The system the op linked to is Aus 4,300 dollars or £2,200 a lot of money to save a bit of pedalling !!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Invisible motor ebike’ is closed to new replies.